Cranberry For Urinary Crystals?

There has often been mention of using cranberry capsules or juice to help dogs suffering from UTI's and crystals. Can anyone who has found this helpful please post what strength of tabs/juice they used as these products seem to come in a wide range of strengths from 50 to 5000mg.? Thanks.

Sue from England

My dog is on cranberry tablets, but my understanding is that what cranberry does is to help keep bacteria from "sticking" to the urinary tract. I am not aware of it being effective for curing crystals.

We buy a veterinary formulation from Especially For Pets.com--I cannot remember the name--I think it's called Pala-Tech? Anyway, he gets two per day, and has been for two years. He had some sort of weird urinary issue the first year I had him, and my vet recommended he get on and stay on cranberry.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Do you know what type of crystals? Cranberry/vitamin C is good for struvites but not for others.

Yes, the crystals are struvite. We have meds from the vet but I was wondering if giving some strength of cranberry caps might help to stop the problem recurring and therefore need advice on what strength to use.

Sue from England

Guest earlkattangrey

I think I still have some Solid Gold Berry Balance left over from one year ago for my (no longer with us) cat. If it isn't expired and you are interested I would be happy to send it to you. I would be glad to know it's going to good use.

It is this product:

http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/10705/Solid-Gold-Berry-Balance-Supplement-for-Dogs-and-Cats#utm_source=become&utm_medium=cse

Send me a pm if you want it, in case I forget to check on this thread.