Mel 1993-4/20/10

Wonder

Guest Annie

I am so sorry, Kari. Thank you for sharing his life with us through those wonderful pictures. (((hugs)))

GODSPEED MEL ... :f_white

Edited by Annie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and Mel had a very, very special relationship. I am so sorry for your loss.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest how888

Kari I am so sorry to read this but your pictures are just so touching. This has been a bad month! Chase butterflies at the rainbow sweet angel...

I am so very sorry, Kari!!! :sad1 :sad1 :sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so very sorry, Kari!!! :sad1 :sad1 :sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh Kari, I'm so sorry. I've got tears in my eyes, this reminds me so much of when I lost my first and only cat, Windsor. He was a gray kitty too and I did the same thing for him when I knew it was his time, we spent the earlier part of the day outside. He was 17 when he passed away too.

Thank you for sharing so many photos of him. I love the stories of him keeping the dogs in line and the photo fo him sitting on one of the pups. :)

:grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest 3greysinPA

What a sweet cat... i just loved the entire picture tribute....

I'm so sorry :grouphug:grouphug

f_yellow Run and Play and Keep all those greyhounds in line at the bridge Mel f_yellow

I loved all of Mel's pictures, but the one your brother took of the two of you is just perfect. He looks like he's saying, "Aw, Mom...."

You shared so much, over so many years, what a big empty space this little kitty will leave.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. Your photo tribute could not have been lovelier or more perfect.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

cry1.gif I'm so sorry. flowers_yellow.gif Mel seemed like a truly special kitty. The pictures showed a life well lived and a cat well loved.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest hannahmom

The love that filed Mel's life shines though in every picture.

Godspeed handsome boy - you are so very loved.

I'm so sorry Kari.

Guest greytbookert

Kari, I'm so sorry! Mel sounds like a wonderful cat! and he actually sounds much like my Bean that is now at the bridge too!

Mel - Go find Bean at the bridge, you two will be thick as thieves!

Guest greygirls2

I am so sorry for your loss. Mel was obviously a very special kitty and very much loved. I'm sure he knows that and is grateful that you were by his side as he began his journey to the Bridge. He will watch over you now and he'll always be in your heart. :grouphug

I'm sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)