Maddie Is Peeing In The House

Guest sdaniw

Guest sdaniw

Our 7 yr old female, who has been known to hold her pee for 12 hours, has just started to pee in the house. We have had her for 3 years, nothing new to the house or us. first two times we werent home, today she peed when we were eating dinner in the other room. urine sample 3 weeks ago was clean.

Could she be pissed at us for something?

any ideas?

Guest eaglflyt

Current research reveals that canines don't eliminate to punish owners. It just doesn't happen.

I'd have her checked again for a urinary tract infection. It could also be diet related if she is eating something that is irritating her bladder. Additionally, there are medical issues that can cause frequent urination unrelated to infection. I'd take her back to the vet to and have her checked out again.

Best wishes for getting it all figured out.

Guest SkipperAnnie

have her checked again. We had that w/our grey and ended up having an ultrasound done which determined that since she was spayed so late (2.5 years old) it caused her issues (which included peeing in the house) and we ended up giving her yogurt daily w/cranberry juice and it got better. Good luck!

Guest argolola

Lola had these issues after 6 years of never having an accident in the house. The vet gave us Proin for her, but after researching it, we decided not to give it to her.

Someone on this board (and I'm sorry I can't remember who) gave us the idea of giving her 1/4 - 1/2 cup of milk per day. We did and there has not been a single accident since. Someone else may chime in about the milk. It worked wonders.

Guest sdaniw

Lola had these issues after 6 years of never having an accident in the house. The vet gave us Proin for her, but after researching it, we decided not to give it to her.

Someone on this board (and I'm sorry I can't remember who) gave us the idea of giving her 1/4 - 1/2 cup of milk per day. We did and there has not been a single accident since. Someone else may chime in about the milk. It worked wonders.

What does the milk do?

Vet check. UTI can develop in 3 weeks (or even overnight).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

What does the milk do?

This is provided she doesn't have a UTI, which my Lola didn't have. The lady that told me this said a rescue group uses milk on senior female returns with incontinence. They really don't know why it works, but could have something to do with the hormones in the milk??? I swear by it.

Guest janeinlisbon

What does the milk do?

This is provided she doesn't have a UTI, which my Lola didn't have. The lady that told me this said a rescue group uses milk on senior female returns with incontinence. They really don't know why it works, but could have something to do with the hormones in the milk??? I swear by it.

What does the milk do?

Does it have to be whole milk? Would Lactaid be okay?

Guest argolola

What does the milk do?

Does it have to be whole milk? Would Lactaid be okay?

All we have in the house is lactose free milk, and it worked for Lola.

Guest bluefawn

Penny turned 12 this past Jan., and she had been known to hold her pee for up to 12 hours a couple of times, and never had any accidents as an adult dog. But the last 2 months, she has started "leaking", wherever she is laying down. My vet checked her, did tests, and ruled out a UTI, although she gave me meds for UTI. Penny is on PPA now, but it is not helping and I really don't like her being on it on a permanent basis. I will definitely try the milk! wubsite.gif

Penny turned 12 this past Jan., and she had been known to hold her pee for up to 12 hours a couple of times, and never had any accidents as an adult dog. But the last 2 months, she has started "leaking", wherever she is laying down. My vet checked her, did tests, and ruled out a UTI, although she gave me meds for UTI. Penny is on PPA now, but it is not helping and I really don't like her being on it on a permanent basis. I will definitely try the milk! wubsite.gif

p.s. Penny was spayed at around 4 months old, so it's not that :)