Riley

RileysLegacy

Guest TahoeMom
:brokenheart I know what you mean about not wanting to forget every single thing about Riley. I can't sleep for hypervigilant grieving for my beloved Tahoe. But those pictures of Riley are just amazing!!...i feel like i can almost touch him, they are so clear. May those pictures be of comfort to you. I can tell he was quite handsome and super-intelligent. But more importantly, he was well loved and cared for: you can see it in his eyes. He looked so happy and content. I hope your Riley is playing with my Tahoe right now. They should be having fun. :gh_bow Edited by TahoeMom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy,

It makes me sad to read this. I'm glad I got to meet him years ago. I remember the video I shot of you with him Memorial Day at Audrey's house. Hrmmm, I wonder where that video is...

Guest TinasTroops

A video, how nice.

Lucy,

It makes me sad to read this. I'm glad I got to meet him years ago. I remember the video I shot of you with him Memorial Day at Audrey's house. Hrmmm, I wonder where that video is...

Guest Maddison

Whenever I see pictures of Riley I think it is my Maddison. She is only a few days younger than Riley. I am so sorry for your loss.

Guest VelvetEars

Oh, Lucy, I'm just now seeing this, and my heart is just breaking for you. I'm going to have to go read up on what led up to this....I'm at such a loss for words.

Guest Champsmom

Lucy, I am so sorry to hear of Rileys passing your post made me cry .

Please don't ever think for a minute that you will forget that wonderful dog and don't think any of us that were privalaged to grow up with you and riley will forget memories either.

I remember lots of posts and pictures of one of greytalks favorite dogs . May Riley run free as the greyt spirit that he was and he will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you :) Run free sweet Riley Run free

Thank you all so much, I have no words to say how much this and other threads has meant to me. I can't believe how many of you remember him, cared about him, and even loved him. He really was special to have fans all over the world.

I picked up Riley's ashes a couple of days ago. He is in a small tin with flowers on it. It was extremely hard to bring that home. When I can find the strength, I am going to scatter his ashes in the ocean outside my house. He loved being on the beach, so I hope he would approve.

Love to you all. :heart

I'm so sorry for your loss. Riley was a beautiful boy and I always enjoyed the pictures of him with his mini-size family. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I am so sorry Lucy. Godspeed handsome little man...My heart aches for you. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Aww Luce I am so sorry to see this post :grouphug

I will miss your sweet supermodel cow doggy too. You and Riley were a perfect match, both strong, smart and beautiful and just needed a little time to get that confidence to realize it. I wish I could give you a hug in person chicklet but a cyber hug will have to suffice :grouphug

We WILL see you later Riley, but until then we'll remember you with stories and pictures from your mama and the igglets.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

He was simply the most beautiful dog to look at, and I know how much you loved him. I'm so sorry that he's gone from this world. Hugs...

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I am so sorry to read about Riley's passing. Riley and Jabari are two of my favorites since I joined GT 8 years ago. Run free Riley...the other's are waiting for you.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest cogito

I just saw this.....I'm so crushed for you; Riley, and your love of him, was one of the things that first made me want to settle in here at Greytalk.

Guest BooBooMama

I know that feeling! I began to panic thinking I would forget how BooBoo smelled, sounded, felt. My heart is with you- I feel your grief.

Love,

Gigi

Lucy, I am so sorry to learn of Riley's passing. I always enjoyed your posts and pictures of him. He has been one of my favorites on GT for many years. I am sure he will finally have a chance to meet my wonderful Ali that went to the bridge on 5/5/10. God bless you, I know your pain. Run free sweet Riley.

Guest my3greys

Lucy..I am so very sorry for your loss of Riley..as you learned of my loss of Spencer yesterday and replied on my post. Your tribute to Riley is just beautiful and heartwarming about your journeys together. Sounds like same relationship I had with Spencer. I miss him more on day two and have cried more today. I can reflect very little yet..it hurts too bad as with you...I share your hurt and missing him everywhere in our home...everywhere..and in the yard, the street where we walked, the toys...and poor Rueben and Fiona can't figure out where he is....as with Jabari and puzzle...I am with you on this one sadly to say....please let me know it gets easier as the days pass....

wow i just read your great tribute to riley. and i have to say, he is one of the most handsome greys i have seen. i lost my first dog a year ago, and i was in the same state of grief as you. maybe you already did this, but after Abby died, we wrote down all our favorite things about her, and all the amazing and cute things she did. we are glad now that we did that.

peace to you in the months ahead,

tracy

Edited by tra708
2rqyqhd.jpg

I am so sorry to hear of your greyt loss...and so belatedly. I hope he is running free with all the other hounds up there!! Riley is so lucky to have been your pup and so lucky his last years were in sunny Hawaii!!

HUGS TO YOU AND THE IGGIES!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background