Riley

RileysLegacy

Guest windycove

Run fast and free sweet Riley with no more "hitch in your giddy up". Thank you for sharing your life with your Mom. Give my Bridge girls. Winnie and Windy kisses and love from their Mom. I think Windy (as a butterfly) fluttered by to give me a hug and then a day or so later I saw another and thought of Winnie. They will always race in our hearts. :gh_lay:gh_run

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, I guess in a way us old-timers got to watch both you and Riley grow up. You've come and gone from GT over the years but always kept us updated and shared your beautiful boys with us. I saved that beach picture back when you first posted it!

I know that going through your 20's is so tumultuous, and for you it's a period of your life that will always be intertwined with memories of Riley. As someone else said, he was him because of you, and you are you because of him. He was one of the stars and will never be forgotten. Godspeed to him and sincere condolences to you.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Lucy, I am so very sorry. Riley was one of my first GT crushes. I loved to see the pictures you posted of him. Know that in time it will be the little things you remember most, someday they will make you smile to remember. For now, hold those memories close to your heart and bring them out when you are ready.

Godspeed handsome man :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Riley, such a special boy. One of my GT crushes from the start,those ears, his handsome cow-doggie ways...And as beautiful as he was on the outside, your posts about him let us see that he was even more beautiful on the inside - your big boy was so special, and so loved. My condolences, to you and your iggie-boys... :f_red :f_red

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Your memories of Riley will develop a soft patina but you will never forget him. My Polly has been gone since 2001; however, there are still times at night that I can smell her sweet doggy scent or feel the soft feathering on her ears. I hope he sends you a really good sign soon that he is ok.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I am so very sorry for the loss of your most sweet and most gorgeous Riley. Thank you for sharing those amazing pictures with us.

:f_red :f_red

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh goodness...I'm so sorry for your loss. Riley was a stunning hound. Have no fear...those little moments that you think you'll forget are tucked safely in your heart & will help you thru the tough days. I know..I have some of Nevada's moments tucked safely away too. You will never forget him. :angelwings

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

What a beautiful tribute for your sweet angel! You were blessed to have had him for eight years. What an honor.. I am sure the pain and anger must be horrible right now. But surround yourself with the caring thoughts from those who share your pain. The day will come when you will smile through your tears at the memories of the years. grouphug.gif

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

sue

Godspeed, handsome Riley. What a beautiful tribute to him and he sounded like he was a wonderful companion.

I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Riley is in your heart, always. You may not always be able to remember everything at once, but it's all there. Special memories are part of life - and will surprise you in bittersweet, cherished, comforting and shared ways. Riley is always with you.

Sending prayers of peace and comfort. flowers_white.gif

I'm so sorry. Handsome, lovely Riley, run free.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest jade1046

I'm so very sorry your beautiful boy had to leave you so soon, and so suddenly. I've always loved your pictures of Riley and the little guys - so sweet. Godspeed Riley, go find Felicia to run with. :gh_runner:f_red

You did good. You wrote a beautiful tribute. When my Polli died, I remember feeling that I wasn't sure if I wanted the pain to stop, because if it did, that was all I had left of her, the pain. If it stopped she there was nothin left.

But, I was wrong. It's been a year and a month and although I can now talk about her and smile or laugh, I still "well up" when speaking of her.

Losing our hounds is so very difficult. Riley was a beautiful hound, inside and out and he touched many people.

God Speed Riley.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Nobody is going to miss Riley like YOU do, but take comfort that many were touched by him and he WILL be missed - here and in his life with you and your family and friends. I got Howie about the same time you got Riley. I'm glad we "met" you and Riley and have got to share in the sweetest relationship over the years. There is nothing anyone can do or say to make this easier. You know yourself that the pain does eventually devolve to loving thoughts and we are sending as many of those your way as you can muster. Raisin and Bea were there to meet him at the Bridge...and ALL of the other loved hounds of Greytalk and elsewhere. He is not alone and neither are you. I am so very sorry.

Love from Lynn, Howie and Bull.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Lucy - I am so sorry about Riley. We were your secret santa one year and my daughter drew a picture of Riley... She loved him and still has a photo of him in her room. (((hugs))) to you and the iggies.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest lynne893

I am so sorry for your loss. I know (and I think we all know) exactly how you feel. I am still so sad that I haven't hugged my Timber in 7 months :(

Time does ease the pain and hurt.

You gave Riley love and a good home and many fun adventures. All a dog could dream of, ever. He loved you, too. You'll never lose that.

And you're right-- definitely a VERY handsome boy!!!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

For a hound I have never met I feel as if I know your boy.

With your writings I can actually see him, feel him and heck even smell him :)

The most amazing thing is that our love for our hounds never fades.

Lucy I'm so sorry, no question Riley was an amazing boy loved by many

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was gorgeous and special and he left too soon.

Godspeed Riley.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)