Riley

RileysLegacy

Lucy...I wasn't fortunate to have ever met Riley but always loved the pictures of him and his love for his "little" brothers. He was a beautiful dog, inside and out it sounds like.

You were both lucky to have found one another. Eventually you will find peace in those memories...they never go away. Rascal was my Riley....He has been gone almost 6 years and I still miss him and laugh at his antics.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your lovely tribute made me cry. :cry1 The loving essence of his being will always live on in your heart, even if some details fade. I'm sure your precious Riley has met my beloved bridge kids, and is running with them pain-free, like the wind. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest DoofBert

Lucy....

You'll never forget Riley and all those 'little things' ..... keep your heart open and he'll let you know that he is with you.

Give the little ones some extra ear scritches for me.....

Godspeed Riley -- be sure to show the bridge hounds how to luau!

Jayne

Guest AmandaTolleson

I am so so sorry... Don't feel like your words won't do him justice. We all know they are words. And can't always express what you feel. But your post is beautiful...

I was not quite 16 when I adopted Lucy. :( So I know how that feels too.

Again I am so sorry.

Run free baby Riley! :gh_run You are so precious you handsome boy.

Edited by AmandaTolleson

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Riley was one of the first greyhounds I admired on GreyTalk, and he is one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. It has been so very obvious how much you love him. I am so sorry, I know your heart is breaking, but the pain doesn't last forever. Godspeed, Riley, run free with the angels. :grouphug :grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Guest wmlcml6

I'm so sorry, Lucy. Riley is so stunningly handsome and expressive. It looks like he really enjoyed his life with you. Hold tight to your good memories in your saddest moments of missing him.

My deepest condolences on Riley's passing. I am honored to have met him in Dewey, he was a very handsome and good natured dog and I know you two had a special bond. My thoughts are with you during this sad and heartbreaking time.

If I Should Grow Frail

-- by Julia Napier, copyright 1999

If it should be that I grow frail and weak

And pain does keep me from my sleep,

Then will you do what must be done

For this - the last battle - can't be won.

You will be sad I understand

But don't let grief then stay your hand.

For on this day, more than the rest

Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,

You wouldn't want me to suffer so.

When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me till the end.

And hold me firm and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree

It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you

Who has to decide this thing to do.

We've been so close - we two -these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Lucy you know I loved Riley as if he was my own. You will remember everything about him and even hear him at times & that's ok. Now there are 2 beautiful white/black boys at the bridge running without pain like they did for so long here with us. You have so many wonderful pictures to share that I hope you will when you feel better. Take care of the little ones & yourself.

Guest K9_Lady
:cry1 I am so sorry for your loss of handsome Riley. Your tribute was straight from the Heart and in your Heart is where he will always be. :heart:paw

Your tribute to Riley made me cry so much that it took me coming back three times to be able to write anything at all. He was so well loved and so lucky to be with you, you won't forget anything about him. I am so sorry he had to leave, but hope the love you shared brings some comfort.

Godspeed, handsome Riley.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Riley was a gorgeous boy. Don't worry about forgetting anything. You won't. All the little wonderful things will be right there in your memory. If there were things that frustrated you, they will just make you laugh. You and Riley made each others lives.

Run free, sweet Riley.

Lucy - I'm so sorry. I remember meeting you and Riley at Dewey years back at a house party. What a beautiful boy he was. I remember those ears. He was so lucky to have had such a wonderful life full of adventures with you.

Beautiful pictures and a wonderful tribute.

My heart goes out to you.

Liz