Guest Ingear

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh :( :( :( :(

sending many healing hugs and prayers Katie's way!!! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest jenznaz

I probably would have fallen apart and not have been able to do what you did! Healing thoughts for your Katie - thank Dog you have people to help you!!

*hugs*

Guest Ingear

UPDATE ON KATIE...I went to visit her last night and she was doing good, walking strong on her own. The doctor had taken some pre-surgery pics and was able to point out all the vitals. I had estimated the handle had entered 3 - 4 inches, the doctor said it was more like 5 - 5 1/2 inches. There is one concern he had that the chest tube had release another liter of air. I spoke with the Dr around 8 this morning and he said the tube had minimal drainage which is good. They will continue to monitor her with hopes to remove the tube tonight or tomorrow morning. But overall she should make a full recovery, just need to pray the lung was not damaged and can heal properly. Now I need to figure out how to pay for this. The bills at are $5,500. If anyone knows of a place that may offer financial assisstance please let me know.

Guest greyt2love

What a terrible, horrible accident ! I'm sure you saved Katie's life by your quick actions ! Prayers sent out to you and her for her continued recovery !

Guest Energy11

Good news!

YOUR SWIFT ACTION, and keeping a cool head, saved Katie! Trust me, I know, being a retired paramedic.

A lot of people would have totally panicked, but you didn't!!!! That is AWESOME!!

Maybe your local adoption group knows of grants or funding to help pay the bill? That would be a start anyway.

Sending more prayers to you and Katie!

Guest snakes

I don't know details but there is a program, similar to a credit card called CareCredit that will help finance healthcare costs for humans and dogs and as long as you pay your monthly minimum each month i beleive it is interest free. Maybe the vet will have a payment plan?

Speedy healing!

Guest Drumhellergrey

Thanks for the update.

Talk to the vet that is caring for Katie. With a bill that big, I'm sure they will accept some type of payment plan.

:grouphug let's hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Guest lovemyhounds

Glad to hear the update. Continuing prayers for Katie and you. Hopefully, the vet will be willing to work out a payment plan.

Guest lovemyhounds

Glad to hear the update. Continuing prayers for Katie and you. Hopefully, the vet will be willing to work out a payment plan.

Guest mcsheltie

OMG! Kudos to your greyt reaction! You saved her life. I am just reading this from the beginning. Prayers coming your way!

Care Credit works differently than other credit cards do. It is the vet who sets the term. I always ask for the longest terms with no interest that they offer.

ETA: I use Care Credit a lot. Each time I almost have them paid off I call and get my credit limit increased. So if a huge emergency like this happens I have a means to pay for it.

Edited by mcsheltie

I don't know details but there is a program, similar to a credit card called CareCredit that will help finance healthcare costs for humans and dogs and as long as you pay your monthly minimum each month i beleive it is interest free. Maybe the vet will have a payment plan?

Speedy healing!

Care Credit can be a good thing, as long as payments are on time and current. My daughter was signed up for it by her dentist for some extensive work she needed. A payment was due and she made it direct online 3 days before it was due, but because they did not process it before the due date, they whacked her with all the many months of back interest for the late payment!!!! They closed her card and were not willing to work with her, so she now has even more debt than she started out with.

Guest Energy11

Speedy healing!

Care Credit can be a good thing, as long as payments are on time and current. My daughter was signed up for it by her dentist for some extensive work she needed. A payment was due and she made it direct online 3 days before it was due, but because they did not process it before the due date, they whacked her with all the many months of back interest for the late payment!!!! They closed her card and were not willing to work with her, so she now has even more debt than she started out with.

I don't like Care Credit! Last year, when Curfew was soo sick, I used it, and paid it off every month! When they found out about our house foreclosure in Florida, they dropped us IMMEDIATELY! I called and pleaded with them, telling them it was the ONLY card I had to use for my vet emergencies, and I had been a wonderful payer ... NOPE!!!!!!! I have one emergency credit card and pet insurance now. Care Credit are VERY heartless people in my opinion, but they serve the purpose, I guess.