Demon A.k.a. Thunder Demon

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Guest MorganKonaAlex

For me, Demon's story begins May 2007. Despite having 2 other greyhounds, I was still heartbroken about losing my heart dog Alex 2 months earlier to osteosarcoma. I got a call asking if I could take a broken hock foster. There had been a mix up with the home he was suppose to go to. Within days, it became obvious what a special boy Demon was. He loved attention. He would hop up and down and rub his face on you until you pet him. 2 weeks later 2 different families wanted to meet him for adoption. We knew then that we had failed fostering and he wasn't going anywhere. I loved the name Demon for him, because he was anything but. He was really a wuss. He was a lazy boy. He was happy as long as he had a cushy spot in the same room. When he'd hear my car pull in, he'd start yelping like crazy with excitement. He mended my broken heart. I worked from home for a year and he was so excited to "go to work with me" every day and would beat me to the office. And then last summer, Demon was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his front shoulder. He was only 6. It was caught early and we made the painful decision to amputate and treat with chemo. Aside from a bleeding issue, he recovered quickly and handled each chemo well. He still bounced up and down on his one front leg when I would come home. The end of February, he coughed up a little blood after contracting kennel cough. Xrays showed a 8cm tumor in his lungs. The oncologist thought it was a new cancer, not mets from osteosarcoma. We kept him comfortable as long as we could but had to say goodbye last week. He was the sweetest dog I've ever had and miss him terribly. It's so unfair he was dealt such a rotten hand.

DSC01460.JPG

DSC01528.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, those words just never seem to cut it.

God speed to you handsome boy, you fought bravely. You leave knowing how very much you are loved.

Please continue to watch over your mom

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was much too young.

Godspeed Demon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, his eyes! He looks so beautiful, sensitive, intelligent. You were blessed to be able to "go to work" together, but he left you way too soon and way too young.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Demon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I've followed Demon's story for along time. My heartfelt sympathy to you. You gave him the most precious gift, love.

Prayers for peace and comfort to you.

Soar high Demon!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest lovemyhounds

What soulful eyes....I am so sorry for the loss of Demon, your special boy. Even though your time together was not long, it was quality time...full of love!

I am so very, very sorry. He was far too young.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Kris :bighug

I am so sorry and know there are no words to ease the pain.

Run with the angels sweet Demon you are with the very very best ~

Guest greytbookert

OOh Kris, I'm so sorry! Demon was such a handsome boy!

Run free buddy, there are some fun houndies at the bridge that would love play!

I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I am so sorry for your loss. What a handsome guy!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry!!! :( :( :( :( :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So young. So unfair. I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project