Introduction And Greetings From Beryl In New Zealand:-)

Guest Berylsmum

Guest Berylsmum

Hello everyone. What a wonderful resource this forum is for a newbie Greyhound owner! I've spent many hours on here before and since adopting Beryl. She is a 3 1/2 year old ex racer who came to live with me and my other dog, Frankie, on April 4th and she is gradually settling into life as a pet and loving it:-) She fairly quickly relegated Frankie to bottom of the heap which came as a bit of a shock to him but he loves his big, bossy new sister and is coping well. Beryl came from the North Island Greyhound GAP (Greyhounds as Pets) kennels which aren't far from where I live. They are also boarding kennels and it's where I have boarded Frankie so they know him and tested Beryl with similar type dogs (enthusiastic, exhuberant, social) to make sure she could cope with him .... which she does and more, lol! Sometimes she overwhelms him! I know you all like to see photos but I'm not sure as yet how to post any (and haven't really taken any that do her justice) but if you do a search on Youtube for suewhonz you will find my channel and see a video I took of them playing a couple of days ago and you also might like to look at Frankie playing with his Greyhound girlfriend, Lucy, who gave me the idea that a Greyhound might just be the breed of dog for us. Looking forward to learning more about these wonderful dogs from fellow Greyhound lovers. Cheers, Sue, Frankie and Beryl

Hi there, Sue! Welcome to GT! :D

The husband and I were strongly considering moving to NZ ourselves as recently as a few months ago. Sadly, your country is too picky, and doesn't want us relative oldsters! :P Ah well. No hard feelings! :lol

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your family. Once you get the hang of posting pictures, I warn you, it can be a bit *ahem* addictive! :P

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest Berylsmum

Hi there, Sue! Welcome to GT! :D

The husband and I were strongly considering moving to NZ ourselves as recently as a few months ago. Sadly, your country is too picky, and doesn't want us relative oldsters! :P Ah well. No hard feelings! :lol

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your family. Once you get the hang of posting pictures, I warn you, it can be a bit *ahem* addictive! :P

Thank you for the welcome, Xan:-) I'm going to post a link to the Youtube video of Beryl and hope it works! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPsFL9sNFY

Oh, shame you couldn't get into NZ, you'd probably love it here, I do. Beryl and I were both born in Australia but I've lived in NZ a lot longer than her, lol!

Cheers,

Sue

:welcome

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Guest Drumhellergrey

:) Hello and Welcome from the opposite end of the globe...Drumheller Alberta, Canada.

I enjoyed your video. You can tell right away which one is Beryl. :lol:wub::wub:

Her and Frankie are adorable ,playing together. Thanks for sharing :)

Guest Berylsmum

Thank you for the warm welcomes :) It's great to be here. Yes, the forum is VERY addictive and helpful. I'm slowly working things out, a bit like Beryl at my place. I'm loving looking at everyone pics of their Greyhounds and reading your stories.:wubsite

Welcome from Waterloo ON

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome! Beryl is beautiful. My sister lived in Aukland for about 6 months when she was in college - she did her student teaching there. Apparently, the NZ school system is world-renowned. :) I wish I had made it out to visit her.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest Berylsmum

Welcome! Beryl is beautiful. My sister lived in Aukland for about 6 months when she was in college - she did her student teaching there. Apparently, the NZ school system is world-renowned. :) I wish I had made it out to visit her.

Thank you for the welcome. I actually haven't been to Auckland! And I went to school in Australia:-) But I know you would have enjoyed a visit, NZ is a wonderful country.