Manny's Epic Battle

Guest MonsterMomma

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abreva seems to be working wonders on Manny's corns! They're healing nicely and he's walking comfortably
Maybe your company could use Manny on an advertising campaign for the canine market? :rolleyes:

Best wishes for continued healing, especially on the palsy and vision.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest MZH

OMG, I just found this thread! So glad he's recovering.

About the corns; there's is a thread here about using zithromax to get rid of corns instead of surgeries that have to be done repeatedly.

Question: Did Manny have the corns surgically removed and then have the Abreva applied or is the Abreva working w/o surgery? I'm thinking he didn't have the surgery.:)

It's wonderful and amazing that now the problem is corns! I have to ask, though, how do you discover corns if they're growing inward?

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest MonsterMomma

OMG, I just found this thread! So glad he's recovering.

About the corns; there's is a thread here about using zithromax to get rid of corns instead of surgeries that have to be done repeatedly.

Question: Did Manny have the corns surgically removed and then have the Abreva applied or is the Abreva working w/o surgery? I'm thinking he didn't have the surgery.:)

No surgeries for corns so far, and we're hoping to keep it that way!

Manny has been on four different antibiotics since March 26th; today is his last dose. I'm wondering now if that's what caused the corns to pop out to begin with. He never had external corns. About two weeks into his hospital stay he started bleeding from an open ulcer on one of his pads, which the surgeon said was an "internal" corn. Since then, a few smaller ones started to appear.

Using the Abreva has helped, and his one large ulceration has nearly healed and the other smaller ones have disappeared completely. I'll continue to use the Abreva as long as it continues to help. The last thing Manny needs is more surgery. He'll be checked by the vet again early next week.

In other Manny news, his facial palsy is starting to resolve. He's got some movement of the lid and brow on the left side now and is coordinated with normal movement on the right side. ;)

And last night he slept through the night for the first time since coming home. :sleepy

What a wonderful update. Hugs to you and your amazing, expertly cared for boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest MZH

Wow, I'm delighted that the Abreva is working for the corns w/o surgery! It's interesting that he's been on antibiotics too, which may well have helped. He's got so many problems, but it looks like he's shedding them one by one. That's great!

Edited by MZH