Manny's Epic Battle

Guest MonsterMomma

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading this for the first time, and couldn't believe what I read in your first post -- Oh My Goodness, Manny! I am so glad to hear that he is recovering, and that he is now home -- congratulations to you on your shared love and determination, and many thanks to the entire staff of vets & healthcare team that helped achieve this miracle!

Looking forward to more good news!

I'm reading this for the first time, and couldn't believe what I read in your first post -- Oh My Goodness, Manny! I am so glad to hear that he is recovering, and that he is now home -- congratulations to you on your shared love and determination, and many thanks to the entire staff of vets & healthcare team that helped achieve this miracle!

Looking forward to more good news!

Oh my god!!! I haven't been online for a while and wow, this is quite the incident and miracle Manny survived! I am very happy he's now home and on the mend. We'll keep him and you in our prayers.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I can't believe how late I am in reading this, but I am in shock over all that Manny has been through! I'm so glad that he is home and is healing. Please give him a kiss from me :wub:

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest longdoglady

Bless you Manny, I'm so pleased you are safely home after your ordeal. :kiss2

Think you will need some of these to help put those pounds back on. :cookie

Just seeing this! Wow! So glad he is home and doing well!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

so glad to hear that manny is home. continued good wishes for an uneventful recovery.

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest MonsterMomma

Manny continues to recover well at home, and we're seeing progress in his healing every day. He needs to be fed every 3-4 hours, and has many medications to take on a complex schedule. We've re-bandaged him several times but finally removed them all tonight, putting him in a t-shirt instead. He's soooooo much more comfortable! I'm hoping it allows him to sleep better, rather than waking ever 30 minutes to shift to another position.

Moonewshirt.jpg

That's our boy, rockin' the black t-shirt after messing up the bedding.

I took his ever-patient sister, Breanna, on a trip to PetSmart for supplies and let her pick out the stuffies. She deserved some special treatment after being so sweet and understanding when we were at the hospital with Manny every night.

...and today, I heard Manny bark for the first time in 3 weeks. I swear I'll never tell him to be quiet again. :wub:

To all of you...every person who read about Manny and sent your love and wishes for his recovery, a million thanks! :grouphug

So glad to see your update :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:yikes I have no idea how I missed this for so long!

I'm so glad that he's at home and on the mend :)

Can I ask where you got the little blue terrycoth-looking vest that he's wearing in the first picture of him? It looks really comfy :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest MonsterMomma

That blue terry-cloth looking thing was actually about two rolls of light blue vetwrap over several rolls of bandages over 100+ staples and a chest tube. Stylish, yes...comfy, no.

:blush OH! :lol

Fritz once wore a vetwrap vest...no, not very comfortable. In the picture the blue thing looks so nice and soft...:lol

His black tshirt looks nice too :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--