Soloxine From Costco?

It's not on their online price checker, but you can call the pharmacy at your local Costco and they'll give you the local price and whether the dose you need is available.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest zoolaine

I get all of Sunny's meds through Costco - he is a member of their pharmacy club so I save a few dollars too. They are really great and even special ordered his Elspar and it was shipped overnight. So I agree you should call and ask them.

Ah... I didn't even think about what human doses were. Looks like we will stick to the Omaha vaccine place. They seem to be the cheapest for a bulk order. Thanks so much !

Omaha Is still the cheapest.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Well I just got off the phone and the person said they only carried it in 3mg, then when I asked for the price per pill she suddenly did not know this drug? :lol Oh well swing and a miss there! On to Omaha Vaccine.... ;)

------

Jessica

If you refer to it as Soloxine, they won't know it. Soloxine is the veterinary name for L-Thyroxine,which is generic for Synthroid. Synthroid is synthetic human T-4 (synthesized to be identical to that component of what the human thyroid makes.) It has largely replaced the old animal thyroid extracts.

I wonder if some day some enterprising pharmaceutical company will come up with a synthetic canine thyroid replacement, instead of just using the human hormone.

Ahh... I didn't know it had another name! but then how did they know it only came in a 3mg pill? :lol It was just a very bizarre conversation....

Just placed an order through Omaha Vet, so we are covered for another few months or so.

------

Jessica

• 2 weeks later...

I was told they didn't carry it, but that was several years ago.

If you don't like to order online, I think I pay $100ish for 1000 pills ordered through my vet (I order once a year).

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.