How Long Does Dramamine Last

So we are heading to GIG in a couple weeks and Sunshine gets car sick. :blink: Plus once we are there we will be driving around going to place to place. I don't want to dose her every time we get into the car! How long does a dose (I think they are 25mg, we just use 1 pill) last? What's the max dose per day? She's 57lbs and I forgot to ask the vet last time we were there. :blush

------

Jessica

Guest Energy11

Actually, I prefer Meclazine (Bonine) ... for me and the dogs. It does the same thing, but it isn't as sedating. For ME personally, one of those lasts the entire day. I would think one Bonine, or Dramamine would last 8-12 hours.

The Dramamine bottle I have here says (1) tablet every four to six hours, but with a dog, (1) every 8-12 hours should be fine. I would say the same for Meclazine.

Good Luck! I get motion sick, too! sad.gif

Well that makes me feel a bit better! We sort of like the sedative side of the stuff for Sunshine! Lol she's a scared one... so if I just give her one every morning her belly should feel fine. I'm just a worry part when it comes to keeping the girls happy. Getting even more excited for gig!

------

Jessica

You might want to feed her early, so she's had a chance to digest her meal before you drive. You could set an alarm, get up and give her food (and Dramamine), then go back to bed another hour or more. My Sam works himself into being motion sick (he starts drooling before I start the car), so he gets his breakfast extra-early before a drive...or when we get where we're going.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

They actually don't get breakfast but I'm sure they will get some morning munchies since we will be on vacation. ;) I always try to keep something in the belly for meds. Although we are all champion early morning nappers! This will be her first hotel stay and I hope she settles down as well as Rainy does.

Edited by jgeiger2006

------

Jessica

This will be her first hotel stay and I hope she settles down as well as Rainy does.

When we first get to a motel, Jacey insists on sleeping across the doorway, with her back against the door. She wants to be absolutely certain I can't get out of the room without her knowing about it. When I actually do go out, she's fine. She just doesn't want to wake up and discover mom sneaked away...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

This will be her first hotel stay and I hope she settles down as well as Rainy does.

When we first get to a motel, Jacey insists on sleeping across the doorway, with her back against the door. She wants to be absolutely certain I can't get out of the room without her knowing about it. When I actually do go out, she's fine. She just doesn't want to wake up and discover mom sneaked away...

That's so cute.... and sad! We never left Rainy alone for a second last year since we only had her. I made a promise to her when we first got her and had some SA issues that I would never put her in a position for her to be nervous or scared. We even staggered the breakfast bar at the hotel. Lol now that we have 2 pups maybe we can go out for a quick bite to eat by ourselves.... yes I am aware I am crazy overprotective!

In fact Rainy was so secure instantly that she was flabberghasted when the hotel staff came in the first night to fix our tv. Lol her eyes just about popped outta her head. She had just walked in saw all of our stuff plus hers and settled in on the second bed.

It never occurred to her that other people could come in our room...

------

Jessica

Guest krystolla

Have you ever tried giving her ginger snaps? My mom used them for an extremely carsick dog she was training as an assistance dog, it worked wonders for him. Plus, no sleepiness.

Probably not best to try it on a really long trip for the first time though. ;)