New Harness

Guest Polly

Guest Polly

My Lilly is very very shy, and on walks she can slip out of her harness when pulling back and away from things up ahead. I adopted her just after Christmas (she was my Rider's Christmas present this year!), so she is still getting used to new things. I have heard that there are special harnesses that greyhounds can't slip out of - does any one have any advice on these, and if they work where I can find one? Thank you!

http://www.majesticcollars.com/harness.htm

I have two of her spook harness's. They are wonderful. Everytime a greyhound gets loose I think, all greyhounds should wear this harness, not just spooks.

Please order one for your baby.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Right after I got Claire I watched her in a very Houdini like move, pull herself out of her harness in the car. It was intrigueing at the same time it scared the crap-ola out of me. I did some research and decided to start with the Wiggles, Wags & Whiskers Traditional No-Pull™ Harness rather than the spook harness. Almost a year later she hasn't backed out of the WWW harness once. As soon as she pulls, the harness gently tightens around her chest. She wears it in the car and on daily walks. Since Claire is black I bought her the bright green one, I figured if she ever got away it would make it easier to spot her. The GEM people are great and ship super fast. I like that the $ goes to a rescue group, too!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest zoolaine

I have both the spook harness (for Jupiter and Danica) and the no-pull harness (for Zali). They are both greyt harnesses and I feel comfortable walking my dogs in them.

I've had great luck with the Wiggles Wags and Whiskers harness from 2Hounds. http://www.2houndsdesign.com/Harnesses-Tag-Collars-c-13.html

I am now using the harnesses for all 3, though originally I only had one for then-spooky Spirit.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.