Sunny Is In Remission!

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

I am happy to report that after going through 5 different chemo protocols we finally found one that is working for Sunny! :yay:confetti :confetti I was just about ready to give up on chemo too. He is eating better, feeling better, and just basically almost back to how he was 3 months ago before all of this started.

This is the progression of his nodules:

early March

Sunnyonmarch9.jpg

Mid-March

Sunnywithopennodules.jpg

and a few days ago:

SunnyonApril7.jpg

Sunnycuteface.jpg

The oncologist doesn't think the remission will last a long time but I am just sooooo happy to have my sweet, happy Sunny back for even a short time. I am very blessed.

Guest Energy11

Sending love to Sunny! WHAT A HANDSOME, SWEET FACE!

Love you, Sunny!!!!! wub.gif

Hope you have lots of "sunny" days left to enjoy!

Wonderful news!! thumbs-up.gif I hope Sunny continues on the road to recovery and that you get loads more time with him.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news! Sunny is adorable and it's amazing the progress that the chemo has made. I pray that it continues! :yay:inlove:hope

Guest zoolaine

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes. Sunny has always been a very special dog that always just beams with love and well-sunshine from his soul to everyone he meets.

Guest greymama002
:kiss2 to that sweet face! So glad that Sunny is feeling so much better and hopes that it will continue for a very long time!

Sunny :wub:

So glad he's doing well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, wonderful news and great positive progress! We'll keep sending thoughts from here for a continued and long term remisssion.

And I just have to say -- Sunny is the perfect name for your handsome hound. What an expressive face he has :beatheart