Riley Has Osteo

Guest jettcricket

I'm truly so sorry for you and your most handsome boy....having gone thru it twice, it sucks. sad.gif

I do hate cancer.....gentle hugs to you and your boy. grouphug.gif

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K9_Lady

Lucy I am so sorry to read this. He knows how much he is loved.

Enjoy everyday with Riley and give him a big hug from me!

Edited by K9_Lady

Thank you all :grouphug Now that some of shock is wearing off, I am realizing I should have gotten a copy of the x-rays. I will send them to Dr Couto asap. A few people have messaged me about their greyhounds breaking their leg, and I am very worried. I believe my vet said (I was freaking out, so I'm not really sure what she was saying, and I just remembered this now at 3:00am), that he may already have a hairline fracture. :weep

Edited by RileysMomma

Make every moment a memory. I pray Riley has more quality time.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Oh Lucy, I'm so, so sorry to read this. Riley is one of my favorite greys on GT, and I'm so glad I got to meet him in person.

You and your boys will be in my thoughts. I hope Riley stays pain free for as long as possible.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Lucy, I'm so sorry. Riley was probably my first "GT Crush" when I first joined GT. I remember meeting him --and you of course!--very briefly in Dewey one year. I was so happy to finally see him in 'person'.

Just love him and spoil him, and when it's time, let him go--even though it is so very hard to do. :grouphug

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest Energy11

I am soooo sorry for this diagnosis!

When we found out Max had it, we spent a lot of quality time with him, and spoiled him rotten! He was also able to move with us out of Florida, and enjoy time in the mountains.

Hoping and Riley have many many days of love together!

Dee and The Five

I'm so very sorry, Lucy.

May you have many days left to enjoy together.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

bighug.gif Lucy I am terribly sorry I know how you feel, Riley is a super sweetheart. I don't think you can love him any more than you already do. I know you will make some wonderful memories with the time you have left with him.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest jade1046

I'm so very sorry to hear about Riley - I always enjoy your beautiful photos of Riley and your little ones. Sending hugs and prayers as you go through this together. :grouphug:hope

I'm so sorry to hear of that diagnosis Lucy :(

Wishing you both many more happy days filled with fun :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest bigorangedog

Riley has osteo in his shoulder, it looked horrible on the x-rays. He will be on pain meds and spoiled rotten for as long as he is comfortable. Thanks for all your good thoughts, it means so much to us. :grouphug

Damn it. I hate hearing this diagnosis over and over. We've had 5 osteo pups this year. I'm really sorry. I hope you have many good days with him to come. (BTW Gabapentin is a pain med that worked really well for us, that sometimes vets don't think of.) Many good thoughts...

Guest IrskasMom

I am so sorry to hear this Dx .To many , way to many Hounds are diagnosed with this terrible Desease. Gentle Hugs for this stunningly Beautiful Boy :grouphug:kiss2:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug

I am so sorry. Hope you have lots of time left.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest KiKi_Girl

I'm very sorry to read this. Such a dreadful thing. Hold him tight and enjoy the time you have left. That is a beautiful picture of him and you on the beach.

Edited by KiKi_Girl

Guest 2greygirls

I am so sorry :( How devastating!..Riley is one of my oldest grey " friends" on here..I am sending you good thoughts, and prayers.

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry to hear this.....Riley is one of the longtime greys on here....hope you have a lot more quality time together.