Bonding To A Single Person

Guest metoman

Milky Way is such a momma's boy. He is very much bonded to me and won't even get up when Dh comes home but waits beside the door for me. Part of it may have to do with the fact that it was Milky Way and me before DH and I got married.

Sweet Pea our bulldog, who we got after we got married, is totally daddy's girl. She loves her daddy, when he's gone the ret of us might as well be mud.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest Lovey_Hounds

2 of our 3 have bonded more with my wife, but our 17 month old pup has bonded more to me, she also listen to me more :)

I have tried to bond with the pup but she tolerates me because she has to... now Vegas was supposed to be your dog but he choose me i didnt have a choice :rolleyes: Now Miss D.C picks her days where she tolerates you but she is my dog... but all 3 love our DD (maybe cause she feeds them stuff when we are not looking)

2 of our 3 have bonded more with my wife, but our 17 month old pup has bonded more to me, she also listen to me more smile.gif

I have tried to bond with the pup but she tolerates me because she has to... now Vegas was supposed to be your dog but he choose me i didnt have a choice rolleyes.gif Now Miss D.C picks her days where she tolerates you but she is my dog... but all 3 love our DD (maybe cause she feeds them stuff when we are not looking)

All the dogs seem to gravitate to DH first then within a couple of weeks they have become my shadows. Brandi and Adam - don't mean to scare you or anything but . . . . that's why we have so many - John is still trying to get one of his own.lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Seriously - I think that because I do most of the feeding, the turn outs, etc that is why they are more focused on me than DH. He can get up and do anything and the hounds don't move. If I change position on the couch they are all up to see what I am doing and if I leave a room, there is a greyhound train following me. Probably because I am also more interactive - never walk past one without stopping to touch and talk.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest KansasGrey

Magnus bonded with me the moment we laid eyes on each other. He used to whine when I was gone but now is happy to be home with his dad. Maggie on the other hand preferred men. She has always been daddy's girl until a few months ago. Suddenly she didn't want to go on walks unless I went. She would come and hide behind me if I wasn't going on the walk. DH jogs with them and I walk. I'm thinking she prefers walking. I was away for a month last spring and she was so happy when I came home. A month later I was away again for a week. That time when I came home she jumped on the bed the first night I was home and slept beside me all night. She never sleeps on the bed and hasn't since. It was like she was making sure I didn't leave during the night. The girl is still daddy's girl but I know she loves me too.

went down to my inlaws for easter a while back with Blue (before i adopted millie), he had a grand time meeting everyone, and seemed to be fine, so i went to the local working man's club with my brother in law for a pint of guinness before easter dinner. we'd not been there long when the bartender called me to the phone. wife said Blue was acting weird, running all around the house and yard whining and looking for me & i needed to come back. i gulped down the guinness and went back. blue was OK as soon as he saw i was in fact still alive and hadn't left him with strangers. guess he was not bonded at all to my (now ex) wife.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

We've only had Molly for a week, but even my husband says she's a total momma's girl. She follows me everywhere, even if he is right next to her when I leave the room and cries when I leave and she can't find me. She also listens to me better.

For us, I think it's because I'm definitely the pack leader in the family --- and with the uncertainty during the transition to her new home she looked to me for direction, and I provided it. I'll be curious to see if that changes once she's more comfortable as my husband mostly works from home during the week, so they'll spend more time together.

Jennifer, Mike and the menagerie ---

Molly (Blue Sky Dreamin), Tinker (BT My Lil Girl) and their feline brothers Miles and Lewis

Visit Molly's Photo Album

Guest Drumhellergrey

Ted has definitely bonded more to me. For the first 2 years of his time with us he was sort of standoff-ish towards my wife. I was the one who was around all the time, gave him treats, and played and walked him.

Now that my wife has retired from work, and is around more, he has come to appreciate her more, but he and I are still best buds. :rolleyes: