My Poor Foster Had Almost All His Teeth Removed

Oh, my poor foster boy. He was surrendered a couple of weeks ago. He's 9 years old and probably had never had a dental. I knew his teeth were bad, but I didn't know they were *that* bad.

He is going to another foster house tonight as she is home during the day and we don't want him left alone all day tomorrow when I'm at work. He was supposed to go on a home visit after that, but he may need more time to recover. If so, I told them I'd be happy to take him back to our house to recuperate.

So please send healing thoughts to poor Sam. His life has been turned upside down in the past few weeks and now he's going to be ouchy for a while. :(

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Poor Sam. I hope he feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Poor Sam! Hoping he heals quickly and finds a new forever home soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Awwwww.... Poor Sam!

Sending him lot of huggies, kissies, and prayers for a quick recovery! Lots of nice tasty soft food for a while :-)))

Guest KennelMom

Poor bub! He probably feels a lot better w/o those rotten teeth though.

We've had our share of toothless wonders and they all did just find with regular dog food after their gums healed up.

Best wishes Sam. getwell.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

My foster just got home,, minus 8 teeth!

I hope your boy recovers and finds his forever home real soon!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Best wishes from my Sam to "yours"...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest sheila

I also have a Sam (Sammy actually) who is missing quite a few of her teeth. She came to me at age 7 missing all of her upper teeth except for the front ones. She is now pushing 10 and even with brushing she has still required a dental once a yr (though she hasn't lost any more since I've had her) She just has bad teeth so it may not be the case that your Sam has never had a dental.

Sammy also manages to eat her kibble just fine though I do soften it up a minute or so with water.

Guest MyBoys

Sending hugs and gentle kisses for Sam, :wub: poor guy. But he is going to feel sooooooo much better getting rid of those nasty teeth.

Edited by MyBoys

I got an update from my friend who took Sam home with her tonight and he's doing really well, considering. He's been alert and even wagged his tail when she picked him up. He's been outside and pooped and peed, so things seem pretty good. She's going to give him a bit of food later tonight along with his pain meds.

I really hope they get a picture of him once the swelling goes down. With nothing but his canines left, I keep picturing a vampire greyhound :wub:

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest dwolfe711
:ohno Poor Sam. This is what happened to our Apollo after we got him from his first home - he was left with only three canines and two tiny teeth behind - he recovered quickly and without much problem. We soon adopted him and then switched him to raw. I cut his meat up and gave him bone meal or ground meat with bone ground in. He LOVED his raw and did well on it. I did stick to softer treats for him - he really never had any problem eating after the initial healing process. And he was MUCH happier after those bad ucky sore rotten teeth were out!! Good luck to Sam - he'll do fine!! :wub: