Removal Of Tree Sap From Greyhound Fur?

Guest ShanYu

Guest ShanYu

We have had an incredibly warm weekend and Nike has enjoyed some naps in the back yard underneath the big pine tree. Now he has tree sap stuck to his fur. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this nasty sticky stuff without removing the fur it is stuck on? Thanks in advance.

ughh this happened to us too. I remembered I asked in gt and the suggestion that worked for me was vegetable oil. I rubbed some on and just took paper towels and get it out that way. Some still stayed in the fur but the oil loosens it up and comes out eventually. gl

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

How about trying alcohol?

For him or me? ( Just kidding!!)

:lol:lol probably for u..u will need it after trying to get that sap out..believe me i know..been htere :eek:lol

:lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Vegetable oil. Glop some on, keep dog off the "good" sofa for 10 minutes to let it sink in, wipe off. Repeat a couple times and you should get it all.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oil cuts goo. Vegetable oil. Even the oil in mayonnaise.

I've also used peanut butter to get gooey gum off Sam's foot. It was extra crunchy peanut butter. :rolleyes:

The hardest part was keeping Sam from licking the peanut butter before I got the gum off. I finally put a glob of peanut butter on his hip. He turned to lick that, and while he was distracted I cleaned up his foot by rubbing the peanut butter off with a paper towel. I think the "grit" of the peanut butter helped clean the gum out.

Of course, Oreo came looking for peanut butter, too. So I put a glob on her hip...

The nice thing about using edible food products to clean is that you don't have to worry about what happens when the dog licks the cleaned area...

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

vegetable oil, it works wonders. my terrier stepped in some oil based paint on a rainy day(nasty garbage debris)....what a mess w/ those hairy paws and it was old old thick paint. paper towels and veg. oil and off it came. a tad of work but it was clean, you should have the same result.

Does vegetable oil work for cars too? I have been wondering how to get that sap off of my car....

I think it should work, and it certainly shouldn't do any harm. (Don't rub too hard--rubbing can damage the car's finish.)

I once used mayonnaise to remove an old paper sticker from the front of a dishwasher...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)