Brooke Is Sick

Brooke threw up about 4 times today and I cried. We discovered Bailey had cancer when we took her to the vet because she was vomiting. I know my fear is irrational, but geez, I'm worried.

I went to the drug store and got some pepcid AC...thanks GTer's...I found this in H&M. She stopped vomiting but is very lethargic. She's not her normal bouncy self at all. It's 6 pm and she still hasn't come to me to remind me to feed herrolleyes.gif That's not like my little hoover at all.

I'm praying it's nothing serious and have been watching my little Gloworm at day.sad.gif Please let her be ok hope.gif

(Gloworm is just one of her many nicknames...her racing name was Glo's Destroyer, so I want to honour her racing name in some small way since I didn't want it to be her known as name).

Update April 5/10

Thank you for your concern and well wishes. She seems fine today. In fact she was dancing all around for breakfast. DH tells me not to let her jump on me when she's excited, but she only does it at meal time, I control it a bit, but I can't tell you how happy I was to see my little Gloworm excited and dancing up on me.

Just to clarify so you don't think I'm a total nutcase...Brooke was throwing up undigested food hours after she had eaten. This is always a concern, and can be a result of lots of things, not always good.

btw, she doesn't jump on anyone else, and I love to see the puppiness (new word :lol) in her. They grow up way too fast.

She hadn't thrown up when I went home at lunch so I'm hoping it was just a little stomach upset and she's well now. A lethargic Brooke is worrisome. She didn't even lift her head when I ate an ice cream cone in front of her.ohmy.gif

I had a talk with Ben and Brooke. I told them they are not allowed to get cancer or anything else that shortens their life...and mine too cause I worry too much. blush.gif

Thanks again everyone...it really means a lot.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Energy11

Hummmm ...

Why not just try PLAIN UNFLAVORED yogurt, (**VERY LITTLE***) AND SOME Pepcid AC.

If it is just an upset stomach, this should help. If she isn't better by morning, OR gets worse during the night ... see the vet. This could simply be an upset stomach. It happens.

Do be sure to check her gums. ARe they pink? If you press on them, does the color return in 2-3 seconds?

I'd just keep an eye on her, and go from there. ... maybe she got into something????

Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers to Brooke!

Oh no Jan. :( I hope your girlie is o.k. Vomiting once or twice would not concern me. Vomiting that many times combined with the lethargy would give me pause. Hopefully it is just a minor stomach upset and baby girl will be fine tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

You're fear is not irrational at all. :grouphug

Of course we don't think you're a total nutcase. Not even a partial one. Glad she seems to be feeling much better.

she doesn't jump on anyone else, and I love to see the puppiness (new word ) in her.
My father would have said approvingly of Brooke's behavior, "I like a dog with a little enthusiasm." :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I think we can all understand the paranoia. With so much cancer lately, you can't help but worry. I'm REALLY weird---sometimes I think if I expect the worst, I'll be really happy when it's not bad!

Glad she's feeling better. You're a normal Mom.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so glad she's feeling better. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

YAY Brooke! biggrin.gif I am glad you are feeling better today!

Me too!!

:)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Yep, she's back to her puppiness...thank goodness. Bailey symptoms started with vomiting undigested food. I couldn't handle losing Brooke too...ok...a bit melodramatic, but those were my first thoughts.

I love my little Gloworm so much! Godmama...Thanks for thinking about us :colgate

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest quietstorm

Jan,

I'm just seeing this now - so glad that the update was a good one. I'm sure they both listened intently to your pep talk :)

I keep thinking of a poem a friend of mine sent me :

I wish I was a glowworm

A glowworm's never glum

Cause how can you be grumpy

When the sun shines out your bum!

lol.gif

Thanks for posting this...I sing it to her now. I'm not sure what tune I'm using, but it's cute (the song I mean, not my singing!) :colgate