Bad Aim

Guest Duke

Not sure where to post this but just wondering if your male greys end up peeing on the back of their front paws, as mine does about 90% of the time. I constantly clean him off with wipes; still love him to pieces regardless.tongue.gif

Guest Energy11

Oh yes! Especially as they get older!

Oakly still has a good aim, but the other two boys, well ... it could be better. AND, better yet, sometimes, they end up peeing on one of the girls!

I keep those doggie wipes on hand (*look like baby wipes), just for this occasion! blush.gif

I carry wet naps in my walking bag for just that reason. He's got terrible aim or he's too lazy to keep his leg up so ends up peeing on himself as he lowers his leg to stand on all four again. :rolleyes:

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest bigbrindlebunny

There are days, I swear, he must aim for his front foot. It then gets inside his Thera-paw and he squishes around in it for the rest of our walk.

Maybe it's like the extra point in football, or getting a goal in hockey or soccer for a dog.

Can't you just hear the announcer going "HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES!"

Guest Greytluv

I carry wet naps in my walking bag for just that reason. He's got terrible aim or he's too lazy to keep his leg up so ends up peeing on himself as he lowers his leg to stand on all four again. :rolleyes:

:nod That's what my Danger Dog does rolleyes.gif

Edited by Greytluv

What's even worse is when they decide to pee on each other.:rolleyes: I have a couple of boys that insist on peeing on one of the other hounds, usually the girls.:blink:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guess I'm lucky as my boys have always cleaned up after themselves when they score :lol . Even Joseph, who HATES cold, precipitation, bugs, etc. will stop just before entering the house to make sure his leg is clean. Weirdo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Spencer never used to do that but since his back problems he can't feel when he's done peeing so he will start walking or running while still peeing and that cause him to get all 4 of his legs and feet wet!

When DD was newborn & we lived in Germany we dog sat another sgt's pointer that would try to pee like a girl & every time he heard the stream, he'd look down between his front paws & get his own face- sweet dog but not too bright!! My boys both got more like a horse so they don't wet themselves.

blue (9 1/2) NEVER pees on his leg, always missing it by inches. tonight he DID pee on millie - they both sniffed the same clump of grass but millie didn't move out of the way fast enough as blue leg lifted & let loose. millie didn't seem to be perturbed tho.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest MyBoys

We never leave home for a walk without wipes, my 2 senior boys are very good aims but our youngster Henry ALWAYS gets both his front legs, he usually squats when he goes but sometimes when he acts like a big boy he will lift his leg, but even then somehow he still pee's on his front legs. Oh Henry :rolleyes:

Guest BorzoiMom

When the stream starts going toward a leg I just move the leg out of the way. I get the stink eye, but a clean paw. If it's unavoidable it drys before we get home and he cleans himself. :)

All of those response made me laugh, glad to know I am not alone. The best is the slight smell of pee on his paws, in my face when I wake in the morning but again, wouldn’t trade it for anything

Fletcher rarely pees on himself, but Molly will often stick her head in where it doesn't belong and end up wet (I wash more of her collars... rolleyes.gif )

The other day though, she got her revenge. She's a hiker, squats, then lifts one leg up, and Fletcher didn't move fast enough. He was the one with the wet head lol.gif

Guest TeddysMom

Teddy is really a white/black boy but he does have yellow front legs :lol He is just 2 and hasn't decided yet if he should lift his leg or squat so he does both and scores his legs every time. I have a wash cloth that is just for washing his legs down when he comes in the house.

Tiny almost never wets himself, but he will pee on Raven if she isn't quick enough. Raven doesn't seem to care all that much, but I get very indignant on her behalf.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest RocketDog

Rocket routinely pees on one or both front legs, and if Cassie (or any visiting dog or foster) gets down to business in the yard before he does he pees on them too. Sort of an over-the-top "I pee on your pee!" kinda thing. He's got both front feet bandaged since his toe amputation on Thursday so I'm extra vigilant about making sure his feet are covered up with plastic bags when we go out for potty-walks, since I don't want him soiling his bandages.

Edited by RocketDog