Plummer Hookworm And Other Yucky Things

Plummer, who will be 10 in August, has had a consistent toe infection, since I adopted him 2 years ago. So I consented to a biopsy for this Monday. Plummer will also get a dental.

Oh did I mention he also has hookworm!!!!!!! He is on meds.

Biopsy is to prescribe the correct antibiotic for his poor little toes. They ooze and scar so easily.

Please keep Plummer in your prayers that all will be well.

Poor Plummer! What a lot to endure. sad.gif Glad you caught the hookworm, and he's definitely in our thoughts and prayers for his toesie.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Usually no food or water after midnight the night before.

Hope all goes well with your boy!

Hookworm can be tough to get rid of -- you have to worm on a cycle a couple weeks apart, a couple rounds, to catch all the little beasties.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Plummer has returned from dental and biopsy. He is very sleepy, and the biopsy will take a few days. His toes are all bandaged up and we have to return on Wednesday for change of bandage.

Keep fingers crossed for speedy recovery.

Returned to vet today with Plummer to change his paw bandages.

Vet felt healing would be much better without bandages.

So she gave me a no bite collar and needless to say Plummer flipped out. I removed it as he was sooooo stressed.

Has anyone suggestions for a collar that is used for greys?

I have his socks back on so he won't lick paws.

Biopsy showed severe nail infection (no kidding) rest of biopsy not in yet.

Edited by msjpk

His kennel muzzle (plastic basket muzzle) with some tape over the lower holes. You might have to adjust where you tape after you see him try to get to his toes, but that's not the type of wound he's likely to try scratching at.

Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.