Peanut Had Her First Chiropractic Adjustment Today

Guest Smiley

Guest Smiley

Today was the big day-we took Peanut for her appt. at the holistic vet's office and boy would I like to go there for myself! This vet practices traditional and holistic medicine and even has greys of his own. The office is completely floored in rubber for the pups, there are numerous holisic therapy "machines" for lack of a better word like pulsed signal therapy, etc. The exam room has "doggy music" playing for relaxation, there is a candle lit and a big, squashy pillow for the dogs to lay on during their exams and treatment. I was so relaxed I wanted to curl up with Peanut. Dr. Sivula examined her and opted for a chiropractic adjustment today to hopefully help her limp resolve. Peanut lay there like a limp noodle during the adjustment and did so well. We are really hoping that after a few adjustments we'll see improvement. The good news was that he is feeling like this is a strained bicep tendon. So fingers and paws crossed we are on the road to healing! How have others fared using chiropracty with their pets?

Guest BooBooMama

Today was the big day-we took Peanut for her appt. at the holistic vet's office and boy would I like to go there for myself! This vet practices traditional and holistic medicine and even has greys of his own. The office is completely floored in rubber for the pups, there are numerous holisic therapy "machines" for lack of a better word like pulsed signal therapy, etc. The exam room has "doggy music" playing for relaxation, there is a candle lit and a big, squashy pillow for the dogs to lay on during their exams and treatment. I was so relaxed I wanted to curl up with Peanut. Dr. Sivula examined her and opted for a chiropractic adjustment today to hopefully help her limp resolve. Peanut lay there like a limp noodle during the adjustment and did so well. We are really hoping that after a few adjustments we'll see improvement. The good news was that he is feeling like this is a strained bicep tendon. So fingers and paws crossed we are on the road to healing! How have others fared using chiropracty with their pets?

BooBoo started having rear leg pains about a month ago. My vet put her on anti inflammatory and pain meds but she still would yelp each time she got up and would whine with pain through the night. We had our first chiropractic adjustment and acupuncture treatment last Friday and are going for the second one tomorrow. I felt the same way, "Too bad I can't get a treatment myself!"

Here is hoping that both Peanut and BooBoo are feeling better soon.

Oh, Beth, I'm so glad to hear that Peanut did so well with her first chiro adjustment today. My Great Dane, and my horses, received chiro, along with acupuncture and massage. It either works or it doesn't, there is no placebo effect, and no patient saying "ooh, that feels good" when it really doesn't. A strained bicep tendon should resolve. Good girl, Peanut.

Yeah, that set-up definitely makes me want to sign up for a few treatments smile.gif

Hugs,

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I've used Dr. Robinett here in Houston since 1998! My old guys couldn't do without her :) She's the reason I've been able to not use NSAIDs. Had I met her 3 months earlier, Eliza would have lived much longer. She recently (I think last year or the year before) became CHI certified and opened her rehab clinic. We are very fortunate. In addition, my kids have another acupuncture vet (also CHI) who we've used since around 2002.

Dr. Robin is the only person SieSie would roo for. Made my jealous :lol My dogs love her and try to push others out of the way because they want to be adjusted.

The practice sounds wonderful! If it's a tendon injury, it will take a long time to heal.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Beth, my greys get adjusted (and acupuncture) all of the time. We are lucky that the vet who does both comes to our clinic once a week to see her patients so she works on my greys for free! They all love getting adjusted (except Elphie who thinks Allison is trying to kill her... but that's Elphie :rolleyes: ). Acupuncture they aren't as thrilled with but I definitely see improvements in them after each.

I'm glad that you had such a positive and peaceful experience. Hopefully Peanut's limp goes away soon.

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

My girls see a chiro every other month. And I can see the difference in Onyx,the old lady. She doesn't have as much problems with her back end that I've seen in others. But, I sure would like to go to YOUR chiropractor! It sounds wonderful. All four of my girls get done within 15 minutes. (total). We walk in, get adjusted and walk out.