Greyhound As Service Dog

Guest Keystone

Guest Keystone

We have a dog who will be going into training as a service/support dog for an approved adopter with a disability. Has anyone had experience with this? Would like to hear your thoughts.

there is somebody on this board named pepsi2004 who has a greyhound service dog. you should contact her :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

The OP can't pm with less than 50 posts.

In the Dallas area there are a few greyhound service pets. What specific service will this grey be doing?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I am the proud owner of a Greyhound service dog - his name is Charlie - he is a 29" red brindle that weighs 95#. He is a balance and retrieval dog. I am still training with him - he is fully trained, but, alas, I am not. In fact 2 trainers are coming this afternoon for a session - I think we head to Wal-Mart today. Last week we went out for lunch and Charlie was amazing!!

Charlie is the 3rd Grey that this group has trained - their website is http://www.adotcares.org/ If you go the the section "Dogs in Training" Charlie is the Grey in the 2 airport photos. I am sure if you contact this group, they can sure help you.

I have been trying to get a good photos of Charlie and me to post, but it hasn't happened yet.

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest Houndie

I am the proud owner of a Greyhound service dog - his name is Charlie - he is a 29" red brindle that weighs 95#. He is a balance and retrieval dog. I am still training with him - he is fully trained, but, alas, I am not. In fact 2 trainers are coming this afternoon for a session - I think we head to Wal-Mart today. Last week we went out for lunch and Charlie was amazing!!

Charlie is the 3rd Grey that this group has trained - their website is http://www.adotcares.org/ If you go the the section "Dogs in Training" Charlie is the Grey in the 2 airport photos. I am sure if you contact this group, they can sure help you.

I have been trying to get a good photos of Charlie and me to post, but it hasn't happened yet.

How interesting! Good luck, and thanks for sharing.