Owie Eye On The Soph...

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

Hi All!

Miss Sophie has had an owie eye for about about 4 days now. It seems to get better mid-day and then worse in the evening. She's on some antibiotics for a possible UTI, could this be what's making her eye sore?

It's a bit runny and the inner eyelid seems red but it's not swollen or anything....any suggestions? Could this be allergies or a reaction the medication?

Thanks again Grey-Gurus!

Guest Energy11

With the eye getting better toward afternoon, it could be allergies. With eyes though, you don't want to take chances. I'd get her looked at. There are a lot of different things out there that the vet can give for allergies, if that is what it is.

Good Luck!

I bet Dee is right - allergies. My fingers are crossed that that's what it is. But eye issues freak me out - I'd have to see the vet.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

One eye isn't allergies. Injury or infection.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest widowcali

This happened to Cali a few years ago. It seemed like all the sudden, one eye was as red as the eye of a 3 day drunk. Then it was only opened at half mast. Unfortunately it happened Saturday afternoon, and we were no where near an e-vet. I watched her the rest of Saturday, and all of Sunday, and made an appointment for her on Monday (the first available they had was Tuesday). But by the time I got home on Monday it was all fixed. Near as we can figure, she scratched her eye a little bit on Saturday, somehow, and it started healing on it's own.

Weird.

Guest brandi007

Sorry for the lack of updates...my computer was taken over by viruses.

So I took Sophie to the Vet Thursday afternoon, they ruled out Pannus and said that she might just have an infection - she did have a small ulcer on one of her eyes and is developing cataracts. I got some eye-drops but they don't seem to be working all that well. Her Inner eye lid is still really swollen and closed most of the time. I'll give it a bit more time with the meds and see what happens.

Thanks for the concern

Guest MyBoys

Hoping your girl feels better soon, I know when our Henry had an eye infection in both eyes it took 3 to 4 days to start to see a difference.