My Beautiful Broodie - Crystal Souza

djsgreys

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Like so many others today, I've got tears on my face after reading your beautiful tribute.

We should all have what you were able to give Souza, a release from pain surrounded by those you love.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl Souza was. I am sorry for your loss.

Run free Souza, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Can't tell you how sorry we are for you both losing Souza. Our hearts are heavy today :(

Glad you had special time together before she had to leave......

Karen, Stuart & gang

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest SkipperAnnie

A bright new star lighting up the night sky tonight, another piece of my heart gone.

It was so hard to let her go – my little love bug. She brought us such joy. She loved snuggles on the couch with her daddy and loved cuddles on the bed with her mom. She loved her yard, policing the games the others play and stopping them when as soon as things got rough, banging them with her head in true brood momma style. Although she never mastered a roo, she would joyfully join the others, barking up a storm. For every bit of attention I gave her, I was rewarded with a huge smile and frenzied tail wagging. She was my little love bug.

Souza.jpg

I didn't have enough time with her – just a little over two years. She joined us when she was returned at age 10. After 72 races, raising two litters, and two years in another home, Crystal Souza was looking for a home to call her own forever - and she chose ours. My short term foster arrived - 14 pounds overweight, and limping horribly, from the pain of untreated corns and trying to walk on nails that were as long as bear claws. She had obviously not been out to walk for a while, and had no muscle tone whatsoever.

Once back in shape, we took her to her first meet and greet. She was so excited to go in the car, and loved all the attention she was getting but after about an hour she started to fret and just wanted to get out of the store. When we arrived home, she ran up the stairs, plopped down on a bed, and gave us the biggest stink eye you could imagine sending us a clear message that there was no need for her to go to those things - she already had her forever home. My momma brought me up right - never ever argue with your seniors! So we got on the phone, and 4 days later signed the paperwork to make Souza officially the sixth member of our pack.

These last few months, she was so clearly in pain, though our vet was unable to definitively diagnose just what is wrong with her. Souza had been panting and drooling, unable to settle, and removed herself from the rest of the pack. The lump in her neck, that started about the size of a golf ball is now the size of a baseball and leaves her gasping for air at times. She suffered from hind end weakness - increasingly so – to the point that she can not stand long enough to do her business or eat without collapsing. Medications no longer give relief. And so tonight we gave her the relief she was looking for. She left for the bridge snuggled into her momma's lap.

My sweet girl, run fast and find your sisters Zena, Suzy and Jetlag Suzy. Souza my little lovebug, thank you for choosing me. I will love you and miss you forever.

I am so sorry for your broken heart - your tribute was wonderful to read and I feel the love you have for your Souza.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a beautiful, beautiful girl. Thank you for loving a senior dog. You have such loving memories to keep Souza close. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry for this huge loss. sad.gif But I can only thank you for writing such a beautiful tribute that it made me feel good! About her wonderful life with you and how much you loved each other!

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

For some reason every time I came to post here I just burst into tears and could not type. I am just so sad that you had to let her go. Know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers for this loss, though I could not post sooner. How wonderful that you could give her a day of treats and your deepest love, imprinting your heart on hers, as she also was preparing to let go of her family. grouphug.gif

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

hugs, sue

Guest SoulsMom

Oh Deb. I'm so sorry. There are no words. . . . you and John have been in my thoughts :grouphug

ETA--Sue, I just read your post. The same thing was happening to me

Edited by SoulsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed beautiful brindle girl! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)