Bump At Base Of Neyla's Tail

A week and a half ago I noticed a small bump at the base of Neyla's tail, near her anus. At the time it just looked dry, and the surface was a little rough (cauliflower like?). It was soft to the touch, not hard. I'm including a bad cell phone pic I took while Neyla was roaching when I first noticed it. Putting it at the bottom so those who don't want to look at Neyla's anus can skip over. :P

Anyway, checked it again recently and the bump is about the same size, about that of a large pea, and is now red at the base and very very dark red otherwise and totally squishy. It feels and looks like it's filled with blood to me. She doesn't bother it and doesn't mind me touching it.

I have an appt with my vet, but she had a family emergency so the earliest she can see us is Monday (if she doesn't have to cancel) so I thought I'd ask in the meantime if anyone has an idea of what it is and if there's anything I can do to try to get rid of it before the visit?

Thanks!

Here's the photo:

TailBump2.jpg

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest trevdog

Are we talking about the bump at the base of her tail near the black fur? If so it is most likely a perianal tumor. Usually non cancerous, but I'd get it removed and biospied.

I edited the photo to point out the bump. Please ignore my poor editing, I have crappy photo editing software/skills. :P

trevdog, wouldn't a tumor like you're describing be hard? I am pretty certain this is filled with fluid. I'll try to get a new picture tonight to show what it looks like now.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."