My Poor Soldi ...

Sending loads of prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion, I sure hope it's something treatable.

A few years ago we had two cats that were very close. After one of them died, the other acted very depressed and just sat on a bookshelf. The vet said that she was going into liver failure and that it sometimes happens after an animal loses a loved one. He put her on an IV and she eventually recovered. I wonder if that could be what's happening with Soldi?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest wmlcml6

Oh, no, Marion. :( I do hope it's something treatable. Losing her so soon after Ivy will be hard for you, I know. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful Soldi.

Marion I'm so sorry to hear Soldi is not well. I'll be sending her lots of white light and good thoughts her way. I hope you get an answer very soon.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

You're in our thoughts and prayers. I know this is very hard on both you and Soldi. Hoping the bloodwork reveals something you can work with. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest TeddysMom

I know your heart must be breaking, I am so sorry to hear that Soldi is so sick. You and Soldi will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Marion I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Soldi.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

You know, the whole "face muscles" thing rings a bell with me, I don't know why- there was someone who asked about it on the greyhound list a year or two ago, and I forget what the reply was. But are the muscles of the head atrophying? If that's the case, it's some specific disorder, the name of which eludes me. I think it's serious, but treatable. Maybe Batmom or someone else will remember what I'm referring to.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Thanks again for your many kind replies!

IRSKASMOM:

Awww Marion , it is breaking my Heart. Poor Soldie . Sending you lots of gentle Hugs and Prayers for you and your Pup. I hope the Bloodtest will give you some Answers as of what is going on with Soldie :brokenheart

How old is Soldie ????

Soldi is exactly 10 and a half years old. Her 11th birthday would be on 16th of September.

AHICKS51:

You know, the whole "face muscles" thing rings a bell with me, I don't know why- there was someone who asked about it on the greyhound list a year or two ago, and I forget what the reply was. But are the muscles of the head atrophying? If that's the case, it's some specific disorder, the name of which eludes me. I think it's serious, but treatable. Maybe Batmom or someone else will remember what I'm referring to.

It was me who posted a topic about Soldi's prominent cheekbones last year. I know there'e a condition

called Masticatory Miositis that is treated with highest amounts of Prednisone. As Soldi's functins of eating,

yawning, chewing etc. stayed just fine, I just accepted her boney face as 'old age face'...

I will let you know the results of the analysis.

Now it's 8.00h o'clock in the morning here. It seems that she thinks a bit more about drinking and is the same

like yesterday. I give her small amounts of honey with water with a syringe...no way to get any other thing

into her body. It seems that she hates even the smell of broth (which I made from chicken).

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Oh Marion, I am so sorry to hear about Soldi! Kidney failure was one thing I was thinking as I read, but I hope it's not that. Of course, kidney failure can be managed up to a point, and many dogs live quite a long time, quite happily on renal diets, but it isn't fun.

I'm sending both of you lots of hugs and good thoughts and hope to hear something soon. I hope it's something treatable! :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

My adorable little Soldi is gone...

The analysis showed clear evidence of cancer and the vet supposed mieloma in the marrow bone.

As today she felt even worse than yesterday and the vet didn't give us any hope, I took finally the worst

decision. My heart is totally broken. I have lost my two beloved Greyhounds within 8 months...I cannot write

anymore. I'll put a thread in Remembrance later...

Good Bye my princess

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Marion my friend, I am so, so sorry. I lost three of mine in 11 months time, so I do know a little of what you are feeling. Gentle hugs to you across the many miles. :grouphug

Rest well sweet Soldi. I will never, ever see a tennis ball again and not think of you. :gh_run2

I hope by now you have found Ivy and all is well.

Edited by gazehund

Guest MyBoys

I am so very sorry for your loss, my heart is breaking for you. Good night sweet Soldi.

Edited by MyBoys

Oh No! I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost Emmy and Andy 3 months apart so I know how devastated you are feeling. Godspeed Soldi, rest well sweetheart.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:bighug I'm very sorry for your loss!

rest in peace Soldi :candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I can't tell you how very sorry I am. Soldi fought such a battle with dignity and with grace. And I am so very sorry that her broken heart could not heal.

God speed to you baby girl, with Ivy once again. Please continue to watch over your mom and to help heal the very big hole in her heart.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

We are sooo sorry to hear about your Soldi!

God Speed her, and may she be happy, whole again, and pain free!

Many hugs! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

flowers_pink.gifrungrey.gif