Suggestions For Treating Incontinence?

Guest LindsaySF

Guest LindsaySF

I wanted to update this to let everyone know that I bought doggie diapers for Sophie today. rolleyes.gif She's tolerating them really well, roaching in her bed right now with one on. Sophie's incontinence is almost daily now. :(

The only thing that seems to help at all is increased exercise, so we've been walking almost every night. The dogs always do zoomies in the yard, but the walking seems to make more of a difference. We had a few really hot days though (90's) and some thunderstorms too, so that put a kink in things. The walks are not a guarantee she won't pee her bed, but I think they are helping a little bit.

I tried the milk for about a month but I didn't notice a difference. She was getting progressively worse diarrhea from it too so I discontinued it. <_< I researched more of the herbal medicines and they are all diuretics, not something I want to give her. Last time I spoke to the vet she said she doesn't have a lot of experience with herbal meds, and she suggested the Proin again. I'm not quite ready to go that route just yet, but I'm sick of washing dog beds and blankets, so diapers it is. :lol

For anyone else that has used diapers on a dog, what do you line them with? I bought the "maximum absorbency liners" at the pet store where I got the washable diapers, but they aren't that thick. Do you use human maxi pads or incontinence pads? The pad also seems to bunch up between her legs, so I'm worried that urine might leak out the sides? I can't believe I have a dog with a diaper, what is my life coming to! blush.gif

~Lindsay~

Guest LindsaySF

Ok, slight problem with roaching while wearing a diaper. Due to gravity, the pee ends up in the part of the diaper NOT covered by the absorbent pad! blink.gif New diaper is now covered top and bottom with absorbent liners. unsure.gif