Mokka Doyle

Bevd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

I just couldn't write much yesterday but wanted to let everyone know that she'd left.

So - the story of how we found ourselves there...

Last Sunday night, Mokka was coughing overnight. I took her to the vets Monday morning and she was diagnosed with a heart issue. She was started on Vetmedin that day and then on Weds of last week, she had a chest xray which showed that although her heart was enlarged it really wasn't greatly so. Her liver was also very slightly enlarged. She was to continue on the Vetmedin and we also had a basic thyroid test sent off because her fur was coming out a little more than was normal for general moulting.

All was OK and the Vetmedin seemed to be working well because by Thursday she was hardly coughing at all. In fact, I don't think we heard her cough more than once from then.

Friday night she was a little quiet and a little slower than normal to go for her tablets (she loved having her tablets - she was already on Vivitonin etc - because they were always wrapped in sliced meat) so she would run to the fridge all evening in the hope that we'd follow and give her tablets. But on Friday night, she was much slower and was last to the fridge at tablet time, rather than first.

Saturday morning she was panting and was standing 'like a cow' (head down). Her tail was also down which was unusual for her because she tended to carry it curled over her back. She'd also been sick twice. We were at the vets for 9am and found that she had a temperature and her refill time was slow, so she was kept in for fluids and IV antibiotics. Jo (our vet) suspected that she had some sort of bug or infection and predicted that the big D would follow at some point - which it did later in the morning, but not massively.

I spoke to the vets at about 2ish and Mokka was perkier. Her temp was coming down. I arranged to call again at teatime and throughout the day, I'd thought we'd probably collect her on Sunday morning.

The vet phoned me at about 6.30pm to tell me that Mokka had just died. They (vet and nurse) had gone to change her bedding before the nurse went home (vet lives on site) and they got her out of the kennel to do it and she was standing on the floor in the hospital and she just collapsed. Jo ran for the adrenaline but she couldn't get her heart started again.

It's all horrible and it's vile and I hate it. But I also know that many people would kill for their dog to live till it was fifteen and a half years old. I suppose that it's an awful long time to ask a little doggie heart to pump. But it wasn't long enough for us, by a long way :(

I'll do a thread of memories and pics sometime soon in C&F but for now, here is the very last picture I took of our beautiful girl who had been with us since she was 16 weeks old

mokka070310g.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest EmbersDad

for Mokka

:candle

Fare you well, my honey, fare you well my only true one.

All the birds that were singing are flown, except you alone.

Im Going to leave this brokedown palace,

On my hands and my knees, I will roll, roll, roll.

Make myself a bed by the waterside,

In my time,in my time, I will roll, roll, roll.

In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.

Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

River going to take me, sing sweet and sleepy,

sing me sweet and sleepy all the way back home.

It's a far gone lullaby, sung many years ago.

Mama, mama many worlds I've come since I first left home.

Goin' home, goin' home, by the waterside I will rest my bones,

Going to plant a weeping willow,

By the bank's green edge it will grow, grow, grow.

Sing a lullaby beside the water,

Lovers come and go, the river roll, roll, roll.

Fare you well, fare you well, I love you more than words can tell,

I am so very sorry. What a long and full life Mokka led, and what a blessing to have been chosen by such a loving and caring family.

Godspeed Mokka

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a special girl. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Mokka.

:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Rest easy, Miss Mokka...

Bev & Marc - I loved Mokka's fuzzy little face... I'm so sorry she had to leave you....

Hugs

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Like others have said, my heart just sank seeing this . . . . I'm envisioning her with Sally Teefers again and wafting her way across the heavens.

Big hugs to you and your crew.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Mokka looked a like a real sweetie, I am very sorry for your loss.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown