Epard Pablo

Guest mom2greys

Guest mom2greys

On the evening of March 24, 2010, we said goodbye to yet another old friend.

Pablo came into our lives seven years ago, after much thought and consideration. Neither of us have ever had a dog, and really didn't entertain the thought until we came upon a group of greyhounds and their people at a local mall "Meet & Greet". We were immediately impressed by the beauty, elegance and calm nature of these animals. We just had to spend time with them, while finding out all that we could about greyhounds as pets.

After a few weeks of researching online, we put in our application to Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada. Our daughter, Alyssa, was only two and a half years old, and we trusted that the groups founder, Jeanette Reynolds, would pick a dog for us who would be suited for our lifestyle.

I remember the day we met Pablo for the very first time. Jeanette let him out of his crate and he immediately "smiled" at us. For those unfamiliar with this wonderful greyhound trait, some hounds will curl up their lip and bare their teeth when they are really happy. Jeanette said, "Oh look, you have a smiler!" We were in awe that he was so handsome. He was a big, 88lb red fawn with a gorgeous black mask.

We couldn't have had a better match for us. Pablo has always been a little reserved and never exuberant or pushy. He would sometimes come and look for lovies, but was quite content just to be in the room with us. He was very loyal and loved his people, but was the strong, silent type, and a bit aloof with strangers.

Pablo was an only dog for two years until we adopted, Rico, a nine year old hound who was returned to the group. We were a little worried about how Pablo would react, but they quickly became the best of friends. Pablo and Rico have both participated in parades and meet & greets, along with visits to potential adopters.

I have often said that Pablo was "the one who started all of this greyhound madness", as we went on to adopt three more greys: Halo, Tator Tot and Dale. Because of Pablo, we developed our love for this special breed and it allowed us to meet many wonderful people over the years.

While there have been many joys of living with greyhounds, there would inevitably come heartache. Our Rico passed on to the Rainbow Bridge on New Years Eve 2009, at almost fourteen years of age. We were just beginning to somewhat recover from the loss of Rico, when Pablo started limping a few weeks ago. The Vet originally thought it was a neurological problem and prescribed meds. The meds helped a bit, but Pablo stopped eating and he became more uncomfortable. We took him back to the Vet for further testing, and when we went to pick him up that night, we found out the horrible news: Pablo had Osteosarcoma, bone cancer, in his hip. We saw how quickly he had deteriorated in the last couple of weeks, and decided it would be best to release him from his pain. The three of us were at his side as he passed on the the Rainbow Bridge.

Pablo, thank you for being such a special boy. You have always been a wonderful ambassador for greyhounds, and because of you, many more greys have found loving homes.

We will always love you and will miss you everyday. We will particularly miss your goofy smile. Go find Rico and run pain free together again.

Love,

Mama Lynn, Daddy Robert & Alyssa

and Halo, Tator Tot & Dale

Pablo at age 5, when we first brought him home:

PabloAge5.jpg

Pablo-age5.jpg

Pablo & Rico

PabloRico2.jpg

PabloRico.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture262.jpg

Pabloatrest.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Pablorelaxes.jpg

Pablo & Halo

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

doggierun058.jpg

AlyssaDoggies044.jpg

Alyssa and Pablo, 1 week before he went to the Rainbow Bridge

doggiesMUSTANG009.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry he had to leave.

God speed to you handsome boy, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PhillyPups

What a wonderful life you gave handsome Pablo. I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Pablo, you are with the very very best ~

Guest MnMDogs

I'm so very sorry for your loss of handsome Pablo. We lost our Mara on the same day, so I know how fresh the pain is :( Thinking of you and your family during this very difficult time.

On the evening of March 24, 2010, we said goodbye to yet another old friend.

Pablo came into our lives seven years ago, after much thought and consideration. Neither of us have ever had a dog, and really didn't entertain the thought until we came upon a group of greyhounds and their people at a local mall "Meet & Greet". We were immediately impressed by the beauty, elegance and calm nature of these animals. We just had to spend time with them, while finding out all that we could about greyhounds as pets.

After a few weeks of researching online, we put in our application to Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada. Our daughter, Alyssa, was only two and a half years old, and we trusted that the groups founder, Jeanette Reynolds, would pick a dog for us who would be suited for our lifestyle.

I remember the day we met Pablo for the very first time. Jeanette let him out of his crate and he immediately "smiled" at us. For those unfamiliar with this wonderful greyhound trait, some hounds will curl up their lip and bare their teeth when they are really happy. Jeanette said, "Oh look, you have a smiler!" We were in awe that he was so handsome. He was a big, 88lb red fawn with a gorgeous black mask.

We couldn't have had a better match for us. Pablo has always been a little reserved and never exuberant or pushy. He would sometimes come and look for lovies, but was quite content just to be in the room with us. He was very loyal and loved his people, but was the strong, silent type, and a bit aloof with strangers.

Pablo was an only dog for two years until we adopted, Rico, a nine year old hound who was returned to the group. We were a little worried about how Pablo would react, but they quickly became the best of friends. Pablo and Rico have both participated in parades and meet & greets, along with visits to potential adopters.

I have often said that Pablo was "the one who started all of this greyhound madness", as we went on to adopt three more greys: Halo, Tator Tot and Dale. Because of Pablo, we developed our love for this special breed and it allowed us to meet many wonderful people over the years.

While there have been many joys of living with greyhounds, there would inevitably come heartache. Our Rico passed on to the Rainbow Bridge on New Years Eve 2009, at almost fourteen years of age. We were just beginning to somewhat recover from the loss of Rico, when Pablo started limping a few weeks ago. The Vet originally thought it was a neurological problem and prescribed meds. The meds helped a bit, but Pablo stopped eating and he became more uncomfortable. We took him back to the Vet for further testing, and when we went to pick him up that night, we found out the horrible news: Pablo had Osteosarcoma, bone cancer, in his hip. We saw how quickly he had deteriorated in the last couple of weeks, and decided it would be best to release him from his pain. The three of us were at his side as he passed on the the Rainbow Bridge.

Pablo, thank you for being such a special boy. You have always been a wonderful ambassador for greyhounds, and because of you, many more greys have found loving homes.

We will always love you and will miss you everyday. We will particularly miss your goofy smile. Go find Rico and run pain free together again.

Love,

Mama Lynn, Daddy Robert & Alyssa

and Halo, Tator Tot & Dale

Pablo at age 5, when we first brought him home:

PabloAge5.jpg

Pablo-age5.jpg

Pablo & Rico

PabloRico2.jpg

PabloRico.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture262.jpg

Pabloatrest.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Pablorelaxes.jpg

Pablo & Halo

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

doggierun058.jpg

AlyssaDoggies044.jpg

Alyssa and Pablo, 1 week before he went to the Rainbow Bridge

doggiesMUSTANG009.jpg

(Tears flowing)

Run free Epard Pablo

Prayers and light as you start your journey to the bridge.

Won't pretend I understand your families pain.

Please know you folks will be in my prayer and I am so so

sorry. What a wonderful handsome little boy. If my arms were longer

I'd squeeze you from here.

Again so sorry.

I am so sorry to read this. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet, handsome boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Lynn, Robert and Alyssa, I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a handsome young man you had. My heart goes out to the three of you as you mourn Pablo's loss. Rest well Pablo.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.