Quick Flagyl Question

Guest jenznaz

Guest jenznaz

Hey ya'll ~ I have a bottle of Metronidazole 500mg, but can't seem to find dosage instructions anywhere. How much do you give an 80 lb grey?

Thank you!!

Guest jenznaz

(1) 500 mg, twice a day.

Hope your baby feels better!

Thanks so much!! I hope he feels better soon, too! Plus I need some sleep! :lol

Guest Energy11

(1) 500 mg, twice a day.

Hope your baby feels better!

Thanks so much!! I hope he feels better soon, too! Plus I need some sleep! lol.gif

I KNOW the feeling ... (sleep)! Trust me, with Curfew, I do know about sleep deprivation.

sad.gif

Little note: I don't know if all Flagyl is uncoated, but the stuff tastes the same way a tire fire smells. I had to roll them in peanut butter and swallow the thing as one big gob to keep the taste out of my mouth. Absolutely horrible.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest Energy11

Little note: I don't know if all Flagyl is uncoated, but the stuff tastes the same way a tire fire smells. I had to roll them in peanut butter and swallow the thing as one big gob to keep the taste out of my mouth. Absolutely horrible.

Those things ARE nasty! puke.gif

Guest jenznaz

YES to the above sentiments - we're now trying not to ruin the pills while we desperately search for something to hide it in!!

Xilo is not very food motivated.

Guest Energy11

YES to the above sentiments - we're now trying not to ruin the pills while we desperately search for something to hide it in!!

Peanut butter works here, OR, you can crush them up and put them in yogurt??? Good Luck!

We have hidden pills before in the raw food we feed; a long, fat chunk of beef heart is often swallowed whole. So, I cut off a piece about the size and shape of a hot dog, maybe 1-2" long. With a long, thin knife, I slit it from the end, making as deep a hole as possible. I then open it up, and stuff the pill in; it seals itself, and the pill is way the heck in there. With Flagyl, you would have to be very careful that the pill doesn't touch anything on the way in- they start to fall apart immediately with moisture, and the flavor would spread to the outside.

So, it'd be a matter of opening it up, using some sort of tool to spread it, then tweezers to stick it all the way back in there, and close it up. I mean, if he'll swallow it.

Edited by ahicks51

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

We put our Flagyl in gel caps, size 00, before hiding them in food. Or the gel caps are easy enough to push to the back of the throat for swallowing.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).