Ez Eating Poop And Even Covering Up His Own Poop

EZ has been eating his poop and also covering it up. I busted him a couple of times. Cannot give the meat tenderizer as he is on KBr. I was constantly wondering why his nose was dirty or full of snow until I saw him one day covering up his poop. I wonder if that was for future meals :lol

Has anyone else had this problem.

I have been going out often to clean up but sometimes he gets to it before I do.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest hlpnhounds

I have 2 regular "snackers" and one occasonal snacker here. 3 of the 4 go outside with muzzles (with poop cups in place) every time they go outside. I clean up the yard at least every 2 days but they still find something to snack on.

The muzzles don't keep them from mushing what they find but at least they don't eat it !

One of these is my beagle who we bought a Jack Russel basket muzzle for and then fashioned a poop cup for it made from the bottom of a Solo cup. Looks a bit trashy but it does the trick !

In the past, we've tried For-bid, meat tenderizer, hot sauce (on the poop not in the food) and distraction/correction.....we have found that the muzzles are the simplest and most effective way to prevent the grazing......

I have been using a racing muzzle on him but he can still mash and hide it.

Phawn who is a Bridge Angeol used to do the same thing and I did use a poop muzzle on her but somehow she managed to scoop some up in the poop cap. We used everything we could think of and of course ideas off of the forum. Phawn was one gal that when she wanted to eat poop she would find some.

BTW I try to go outside with them to grab the poop as much as possible

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear