Surgery In The Morning For Ady Bea

Guest eaglflyt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear she's home. I hope her incision feels better soon. And her hair grows quickly. :P

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Just checking on Ady Bea this morning and sending some scritchies to pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

We had a pretty good night! :) Something about the surgery or medicines has made her very thirsty. We settled down to sleep about midnight. She had dozed prior, but still went to sleep at 12 MN. She woke at 3 AM trying to drink from the toilet with a muzzle and stool cup on! :puke I took her to the kitchen where she drank most of a bowl of water, then she went back to her bed and slept. She woke again at 5 AM and it was now time for her pain medicine, which she happily took with a pretty good snack of canned dog food. She then slept until 8:45 AM! We didn't have to give her the sleeping medicine they provided if needed. She seems to be much more comfortable today, although she is really determined to try to either lick her incision or scoot it on the ground. I'm SO GLAD her backside doesn't touch the floor when she's in a sitting position or we'd have a big problem. Her incision site looks good and isn't seeping at all today. There's a bit of dried blood in the area that I'm working slowly to remove. Her appetite is still GREAT! She just wouldn't be Ady Bea if she wasn't ready to eat anything at any time!

Thanks for the support and caring for our girl!!! :inlove

Shelly in OK

Also, just a word to recommend the McDonald's parfaits as a treat when you're out and about with your pup. They're on the dollar menu and they are yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Ady Bea absolutely loves them! (I have no interest in McDonald's or their sales ... just a pleased customer with this healthy and tasty treat on the dollar menu ... which Ady Bea LOVES.) ;)

Edited by eaglflyt