Surgery In The Morning For Ady Bea

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt

Newest Update 3-25-10

She's HOME! :D

We just got home with Ady Bea. She's now resting comfortably with a muzzle with stool cup to keep her from licking her incision site. She has just a little bit of bloody seepage from her wound, but it is very minimal. As soon as we left the hospital, we made it to the nearest McDonalds and she enjoyed a yogurt parfait with fresh strawberries and blueberries. She seems a tad uncomfortable when she moves, but she doesn't whine or cry out. She just moves a little funny and tries to squat to rub her backside, but, it doesn't reach ... thank goodness. Overall, her surgical site looks very good. We take her back in 2 weeks for suture removal. She came home with pain medicine, anti-inflammatory when she's finished the pain medicine, and medicine to help her sleep at night, if needed. She was given antibiotics before & during surgery, so they said it was unnecessary that she be on them post-op. Other than just a little seepage of blood and her being annoyed with wearing a muzzle, I think she is doing very well! Now, she just needs to heal. *I think she may also need to grow a lot of hair back on her bald backside because not only is she mooning when she walks away .... she's now *flashing*, too! :o:rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for the support, prayers, good thoughts and wishes!!!

Shelly in OK with Ady Bea :)

UPDATE

3-24-10 5:40 PM

Dr. Tangner just called to report on Ady Bea. He said she did fine with her surgery, they successfully did the episioplasty, and her bladder and ureters looked great. However, her reproductive tract had heavy mucous and nodules from inflammation. He felt there was no present infection, just the inflamed area from where an infection had recently been. He feels that since she definitely had a significantly recessed vulva, that this surgery should resolve these issues. He was very happy with her surgery and wake up from anesthesia.

We are to call at 10 AM tomorrow morning for them to give us a time to pick her up if all continues going well. He apologized several times for her surgery being so late. He said they had 3 emergency surgeries come in today. I told him that I certainly understood that emergencies took priority and since her surgery was electively scheduled, that was fine. I also told him that if Ady Bea had been an emergency that I would hope they would bump routine surgeries to see her ... so I was definitely fine with that.

I don't know if she's had anything to drink yet, but she did have an IV at least during surgery. I'm sure they will offer water when they feel she is awake enough. He also said he would call us if anything unexpected should happen tonight.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers, calls, well wishes and positive thoughts for her today!

Shelly in OK :colgate

Ady Bea will be having her surgery tomorrow. We take her to the specialty surgery hospital in the morning and they will do her episioplasty and cystoscopy tomorrow mid day. They will be keeping her overnight and we can pick her up on Thursday.

We'd sure appreciate prayers and positive thoughts for our girl to have a safe and effective surgery, without complications, and a speedy recovery.

I know Ady Bea's surgery is minor compared to others, but we're still apprehensive and want her to fly through surgery and have a successful outcome. Her recurring UTIs and discomfort have been hard for her and we hope this will cure the problem.

I'll update tomorrow as soon as we hear from the surgeon after her surgery. I'm trying not to be nervous so she won't pick up on it ... but, it's not easy.

Thanks everyone.

Shelly in OK

Edited by eaglflyt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck

I hope she heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Good luck to the divine Ms. Ady Bea!

Really hope all goes perfectly for her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Best wishes for Ady Bea! I'm sure she'll be feeling better very soon. thumbs-up.gifgoodluck.gifclover.gifgetwell.gifhope.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Thinking of you both...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Any surgery is still surgery and very scary for everyone involved. We'll be thinking of you all tomorrow!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sending good thoughts!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest eaglflyt

We took Ady Bea to the Veterinary Surgery Center this morning. We left her there in good hands along with her favorite blankie, her food for later, a muzzle with stool cup (to keep her from licking her surgery site) and many kisses, hugs and ear scritches. We were so pleased to also meet other greyhound owners in the waiting room that were bringing in their girl for a GI endoscopy today. We should be hearing something from the doctor within the next hour, or so. They told us if we haven't had a call from them by 3 PM (CDST) that we can call them. If all goes well, we should be able to pick up our girl and bring her home tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's prayers, good thoughts & wishes for Ady Bea today. I'll post an update as soon as we hear anything. (Time seems to be crawling by today.)