Simon

ElizabethGPAPS

Thanks to everyone who expressed their condolences. You're all wonderful, truly.

...that picture of him leaning made me a little misty eyed.

You know, I'm not sure why I included that picture. I guess I just needed there to be "proof" that he was really spent and it was his time. I had a lot of guilt with Isabella's euthanasia (both with the feeling of "having her killed", and because she was in a terrible, lingering state and I waited too long, but I still wonder...agh, it makes a person crazy) and I just have to feel that I did what was best for Simon and not a moment too soon or too late. It's such a terrible decision, and almost all of us have to make it at some point. :(

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happier times - his coronation photo as King of Greytalk, last summer. The blanket has been well-used and will continue to be so, but his crown will go with his collars into my memory box. KingSimon025-1.jpg?t=1269285092

Oh, Elizabeth, I am just seeing this and am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet King Simon.

Simon, you will be very missed by all, sweetheart. I am so happy that you enjoyed your crown blanket.

:f_red:grouphug:f_red

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

cry1.gif I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your special little man.flowers_red.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 3 weeks later...

Elizabeth - please forgive me for not sending my condolences sooner. I don't often come here to Remembrances because I just sit here and cry when I do. But then I break down and finally come here, to see whose passing I missed, and I saw it was Simon. My heart is breaking for you, to have lost your 3 in such succession. Simon was so sweet, and the last of your greyhounds, and of course I will always think of your 3 as Opie's step-siblings. I am so very very sorry to read this, and you have my, Albert's and Opie's sincerest condolences. Your 3 are together again, running free like the wind. Hugs to you. Godspeed Sweet Simon.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

another late comer but my gosh what a life.

Thank you for sharing your Simon with us all.

I'm so sorry for your loss but my gosh the years of memories you have with him last a lifetime :grouphug