What's Wrong With Gracie's Nose?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluefawn

No new info to add, just sending hugs and prayers that it's nothing serious. Agree on the biopsy, though. This is for Gracie kiss1.gif from Penny & Candi.

It almost looks like the red/white part on Sou's nose, but not quite.

We were able to get in to the vet today instead of Friday. My Christmas gift and subscription to Celebrating Greyhounds magazine does get me some perks.

Anyway, my vet had never seen anything like it. He took some pictures. He's not overly concerned. It wasn't an obvious lupus or cancer or bug bite.

We could either give it time and see if it goes away or do a punch biopsy.

Gracie's biopsy is scheduled for Monday and while she's out they'll clean her teeth as well.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhh Ducky,I just see this now.How is Gracie ???It's Thursday and I don't think you have gotten any Answers yet. I will check back for an Update. Meanwhile lots of Hugs and Prayers :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Only slightly bigger since Monday:

002-5.jpg

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky, have you thought of sending the picture to Dr. Couto at Ohio State?? He's really good about emails. You could at least get his suggestions.. Just a thought. Hugs to Gracie.

I just now sent an email. Thanks for suggesting that.

tiny hada siggy.png

Does she wear a muzzle? Is there any chance she scraped or hurt her nose on the muzzle and it is swollen? Just a thought. Give that sweet girl extra kisses please :kiss2

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Gracie does an immediate face plant if I muzzle her. No muzzle on her for quite some time. This bump just seems to have come up out of nowhere. :brick

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest arlosmom

Hope for good results from your vet visit. I have never seen anything like that myself but we will say some prayers for the girl. Keep us posted.

I will say, I got a punch biopsy and it took forever to heal--in retropsect getting a stitch would have made a huge difference (of course in a human, that meant waiting for a dermatologist instead of a GP).

Anyway, if your vet recommends one, you might ask if she can put a stitch in to help it heal faster.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Doesn't look like lupus to me...the way it looks in the middle makes me think it's some kind of a fungus-type thing, or a wart maybe :dunno

Yes, usually DL shows up on the top of the nose, as it's usually "activated" by sun exposure.

Here is what Pinky's nose used to look like:

205217005.jpg

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Gracie had her biopsy today along with her dental. She did fine with the anesthesia and I was allowed to give her a small meal.

She always looks like she's got a hangover in these post-anesthesia pics:

012-3.jpg

But she did perk up later:

009-6.jpg

She gets her stitches out in 10 days. I was told it might take a week to get the biopsy results.

tiny hada siggy.png

Poor Gracie, I hope it heals quickly. No chance it is a bite of some kind?

I almost wish it would just be a bite. Even the vet that checked her in today had never seen anything like it. :dunno

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

Ducky ... Hey! Gracie looks good, very good.

Poor girl to have to go thru this, but, at least you will know (hopefully) ... what this is! Glad to hear everything went well, though!

Curfew send his love to her, and so do the other four! wub.gifgetwell.gif