My Girl Doesn't Love Me Anymore

Guest poischiche

OK, I'm going to take a somewhat opposite tack here.

Sounds to me like you want your cake and to eat it too. You want her to be loving and interact with you, yet by your own admission, you have to work from home and ignore her. She knows what the daily routine is and she follows it. It seems like she's learning the rules really well! You're working = she leaves you alone. She's come out of her shell and settled into your household without many problems, and is doing what 99.99% of greyhounds do all day - they sleep and laze around. The behavior you're describing sounds perfectly normal to me.

If you wanted a dog to interact with you 24/7 then a greyhound wasn't the right breed. I'm also home most of the time and my four will spend considerable time off on their own somewhere - unless I have food or treats, or are going outside! Then, I'm their best friend! They all go through spurts of playing with toys, though one of my boys is pretty unmotivated by them and prefers to just carry them around.

I will also say that dogs do not act resentful, angry, spiteful or any other human emotion. Try reading Patricia McConnell's "The Other End of the Leash." It will give you a better insight into what an how your dog thinks.

Agree with this 100%.

I don't want to sound mean, but did you research Greyhounds before you adopted one? There is a reason they're referred to as the 45 mph couch potato.

While my dog does follow me from room to room, he doesn't DO anything most of the time! He has tons of toys--plays with none of them. He sleeps most of the time, or begs for food, or begs for walkies. That's just the way it is!

I'd suggest you set up a schedule of walks and such that mimic what her life would be life if your job was in an office outside the home. Do your morning thing, take her on a nice long walk, then give her a Kong and tell her to go lay down. Then do your work. When your work day is over, take her for a nice long walk, interact with her, but don't push yourself on her.

I have learned to appreciate George's quite stillness for what it is--a living, breathing companion animal who has his own ways, who spent 5 years on a highly regimented schedule and has been expected to learn to live a TOTALLY new life where not one single thing is the same--and he's done quite well! He's nothing like any dog I've ever had--and my family has never been without at least one dog in my 48 years. They're really a lot like giant cats!

Edited by GeorgeofNE

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shermanator

2 words: dog door.

If you can. :)

We invested in a dog door several years ago - it is one that goes in as a panel in our sliding glass door. It was expensive, but SUPER worth it. Sherman and Patton are outside all the time. ALL THE TIME! We have beds out there for them, and now that it is staying @ 50 outside all night long, Sherman especially, sleeps out there all night. They just love to lounge in the sun. :)

Guest AGirlNamedMe

I also work from home and it is a challenge. Bella gets lots of attention in the morning before Hef (my SO) leaves and then it's time to settle down while I get to work. During the day, I take a break to take her out for potty and a walk and then it's back to work. When Hef gets home, it's happy fun time again. As Bella is mostly a lazy girl, this schedule works well for us. From the outside, it may look like the big fun things only happen when Hef is here, but Bella and I share quiet little moments - sometimes she'll hop up in the middle of the day, get a quick rub and then go back to her bed. I'll also sometimes treat her with the Kong in the middle of the day - if frozen, it will take her up to an hour to get all of the pumpkinny goodness out.

And..my other thought is something that no one else has mentioned - maybe she is depressed. And maybe it's caused by a medical issue. I bring this up because you said she had been doing really well and then suddenly not so well. This could be the result of issues with her thyroid. If it continues for another week or two, you might want to have her checked out.

The stink eye thing, groaning, and sighing are all normal behaviors for my Bella. The last two seem to be a sign of contentment for her. The stink eye seems to be a habit of some sort - I love it. :lol

I hope you get it all figured out; I know it's causing you stress because you want the best for your pup.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

I'm a novice myself...but maybe the OP is right about Kaya being a bit down/bored? Kaya has had a ton of new experiences and stimulation since she left the track, and now some of the novelty is gone, it's not all new stuff. I mean they're never going to be like other dogs (I actually picked a Greyhound because allergies in the home prevent us from having a cat), but the OP seems to be describing something more than Greyhound zombie behavior.

In another thread, someone was experimenting with puzzles they could play with their dog, snacks were tucked in it and the dog has to figure out how to get `em out. I didn't think it would be a good idea for Pete, after one or two tries he'd simply take it into his crate and rip it to shreds, but maybe this is something that might entertain Kaya?

Here's a link to one of the toys, there are lots more by the designer, Nina Ottosson. http://www.amazon.com/Nina-Ottossons-Interactive-Tornado-Puzzle/dp/B001KZ8FWE/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2TF60YH1VM7DP&colid=3PJ07MB9BV1CH

Guest poischiche

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll be sure to check them out. Especially Patricia McConnell's book.

The reason why I posted was because her behavior suddenly changed. This change was quite abrupt. It seemed that she suddenly lost her enthusiasm.

She is a young dog and very curious. She wants to know everything thats going on. Normally, she is pleasant and jolly in her quiet way and very social. She's quiet but certainly not "plant life!" She was becoming a goofy velcro dog so there is a difference between her normal quiet laziness and quite simply shutting off. She very rarely gives the stink eye. Thats why I'm concerned and asked for advice.

I agree that working from home can confuse a dog. Thanks Swifthounds. The idea of having words that distinguish work time from play time is an excellent suggestion.

I was hoping to hear from those of you who worked at home and can understand the contrasts in her day. It seems that I am having a harder time adjusting than she is. Your comments are extremely helpful.

I do think that my husbands erratic schedule is really hard on her. She adores him and sometimes he is gone for three or four days in a row. I can't imagine how to make that easier for her. It must be very confusing.

I will also be setting up the balcony so that she has an outdoor "room" when the weather is more pleasant.

BTW, I am taking her to the vet tomorrow.

However, I still have to deal with the difference between work and play time. She is bored. She is obsessed with new experiences. All she wants to do is meet new people and other dogs. She's great with children and she's met quite a few people in wheelchairs. She is calm, gentle and loving with everyone. I think she would be a great therapy dog.

Thanks for the link bigbrindlebunny.

Well, first things first. Vet tomorrow.

Anyways, I awoke to a stuffie being shoved in my face. Thats always a good thing.

Thanks again.

Guest Brindled_Greys

Four months is not long at all. She is still adjusting. She has been used to fairly constant routines since a year and a half old, and is now in a TOTALLY different world. Until she settles into the way things flow around your home and your routine, (and these things become NORMAL for her) I agree not to read a lot into her current behavior. Greyhounds are just not like other dogs. They have a personality all their own.

Guest SoulsMom

OK, I think this is really, really simple. You note that she was silly and playful until last week, which is when the weather got nice and she wanted to spend more time outside. I think she's simply worn out from extra exercise. Greyhounds are LAZY.

:lol Ditto

Guest TBSFlame

Four months is not a long time to settle in. I have had greys like that and some that want to touch me all the time. I placed my foster boy this week and he now has a mixed breed brother. I have been around greyhounds so long I have forgotten how different they are from other dogs. This dog was wagging and in the middle of everything, engaged. Tail going all the time we were there. lol. A lot of greyhound lay around a lot. My hounds play like crazy for a short amount of time, mostly right before they eat. They may chase and run around the yard a couple of time then they want to nap. Even Riley who is only two. I would just leave your pup alone and not worry about it. She may be just tired from a bit more exercise. You could always foster. I do believe most of them enjoy having their own kind.

• 11 months later...
Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread a year ago when it was written... I found it when I was trying to contact the OP and found I couldn't pm her -- you see, her girl is one of Agnes' puppies.

I'd love to know how she is doing now and would also love to share pictures of Agnes and get her some sibling information (I'm a voracious "sibling collector"). Kayla's sister, Stella, lives with GT's Vers.

I was just reading some of Kathleen Gilley's excellent articles from their website the other day, and she has the best descriptions of a new greyhound's journey into home life and how it resembles someone's arrival on an alien planet! Just a phenomenal article -- we often forget, even after we've been living with our breed-of-choice for decades, how different these amazing dogs really are.

Love to talk with the OP if anyone is in contact with her or -- hope she sees this. (my email is mom2harley @ verizon.net without the spaces)... :)

She isn't a hairy person. You talk as if she is, and that her behavior reflects how YOU might feel if you were in her position. It's a mistake to do that.

She MIGHT be bored. So what? You're clearly providing her with everything she needs. Part of being a pet and living la vida loca with the good food and the comfy beds is--sometimes you don't get to do what you want the second you want to do it.

Sounds like some training needs to start. She needs to learn "go lie down." You don't need to drive her to a class to train her. Buy any training book and start at the beginning.

And you need to stop looking into those big brown eyes and thinking of her like a child.

My dog believes that it IS all about him, 24/7. We discuss this often...he's wrong. Sometimes it's about me. And while you're working, it needs to be about you.

Baby gate her out of your working area, and get her on a schedule.

Four months is right around the time I think when she's testing her boundries.

Greyhounds can be very aloof, and it seems like a lot of people read that as "she doesn't like me." It's just the way they are!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

To OP: If the change was sudden you may want to consider a vet visit. The change itself wouldn't be a worry so much as a rapid onset. When in doubt the cost of a vet visit might be worth it to cover the bases.

What folks have posted so far about 4 mos not being long & perhaps she is just settling into your routine is all quite valid. Your description of her prior behavior is a good description of my girl's natural temperament. Then again, maybe you have become boring to her. Sorry, don't mean any offense at all in that. But think of new relationships. There's a lot to learn about folks. Some people find that exciting. As time goes on the relationship evens out into something much more laid back. What you may think of with concern could just be your girl's version of a comfortable silence.

You might consider putting your girl on a pay to play plan. Take some or all of her daily food rations & dole them out as treats during the day when your hound does something you like. Marker training, which is what clicker training is, is a great way to give your girl mental stimulation & make you much more interesting to her. It also has the tremendous bonus other posters have mentioned of giving you both a way to communicate. It works. I promise.

It works even when you've had your dog for quite a while. Have been training with my girl, who was my first Greyhound, from the time I got her 5 years ago. However, it is only in the last year that when I worked to train her to alert me at certain times of day that my sweet, reserved, 'I don't want to bother you for something as sillie as asking for attention', girlie Grey figured out she could actually manipulate me. All of a sudden, at a time of day I'd not trained her to alert me she shows up next to me while I was working at home & starts nuzzling me. Nuzzling is her alert signal. "What?" I asked her looking at the clock. She looks up adoringly at me & nuzzles some more. "It's not time, sweetie." Nuzzle, nuzzle, adoring eyes stare up. "Oh, you are the cutest thing." We visit, I turn back to work & she leaves only to return in a few minutes. Nuzzle, nuzzle, adoring glances. "Sweetie it isn't time," but I look at the clock again anyway. Nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle. "Meow!" Ben the cat has been walking back & forth but I was paying him no attention because he's such a beggar. Then I remember what the clock just read. "OK, Ben," it's finally time for your dinner. Girly Grey spins in happiness. "Silly girl. I'm feeding Ben." When I come back downstairs though I've not got three happy hounds so they all get their dinner. Next Wed. rolls around & around 5:30 PM it starts. Nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle. She has learned how to get me to feed the cat. And feeding the cat means dinner for houndies. LOL Smart girl.

She's also female and a lot of female greyhounds are very independent. I have 3 females and none of mine need me for anything until they're ready for me.:lol ...

My boys on the other hand are absolutely opposite, I'm the center of their world.:lol

There's an email that's floated around with the following description of girl hounds vs boy hounds which seems to very much reflect my personal experience:

Boys:

"I'm relentless in my need and desire to be in your face, on you, over you, under your feet, behind you, in front of you, next to you. You adopted me and now you will have no rest from me, ever. I may just lift my leg on everything you touch, in tribute to you, every time I think you are looking at some other dog. If you'd let me, I'd probably nurse. I will be a perpetually needy child, demanding attention, affection, and constant affirmation, no matter how old either one of us gets."

*High maintenance.*

Girls:

"Thanks for liberating me. You go ahead and do your alpha thing, but let's just be equals in the ways that really count. Show me the ropes and I'll settle right in. Who are the players? Where's my spot? What stuff is mine? What time's dinner?

Here's the rules:

1. If you wanted a clown, you should have adopted from the circus.

2. I ain't a blonde.

3. Talk to the butt, the face ain't listenin'.

4. I can out-pee almost any dog on the planet in my quest to pee last.

5. I won't lick you if you don't lick me.

6. I'll always be close by, but call me. We'll have lunch if we're both free."

*Low maintenance*

OK, I'm going to take a somewhat opposite tack here.

Sounds to me like you want your cake and to eat it too. You want her to be loving and interact with you, yet by your own admission, you have to work from home and ignore her. She knows what the daily routine is and she follows it. It seems like she's learning the rules really well! You're working = she leaves you alone. She's come out of her shell and settled into your household without many problems, and is doing what 99.99% of greyhounds do all day - they sleep and laze around. The behavior you're describing sounds perfectly normal to me.

If you wanted a dog to interact with you 24/7 then a greyhound wasn't the right breed. I'm also home most of the time and my four will spend considerable time off on their own somewhere - unless I have food or treats, or are going outside! Then, I'm their best friend! They all go through spurts of playing with toys, though one of my boys is pretty unmotivated by them and prefers to just carry them around.

I will also say that dogs do not act resentful, angry, spiteful or any other human emotion. Try reading Patricia McConnell's "The Other End of the Leash." It will give you a better insight into what an how your dog thinks.

Well put.

Boys:

"I'm relentless in my need and desire to be in your face, on you, over you, under your feet, behind you, in front of you, next to you. You adopted me and now you will have no rest from me, ever. I may just lift my leg on everything you touch, in tribute to you, every time I think you are looking at some other dog. If you'd let me, I'd probably nurse. I will be a perpetually needy child, demanding attention, affection, and constant affirmation, no matter how old either one of us gets."

*High maintenance.*

Girls:

"Thanks for liberating me. You go ahead and do your alpha thing, but let's just be equals in the ways that really count. Show me the ropes and I'll settle right in. Who are the players? Where's my spot? What stuff is mine? What time's dinner?

Here's the rules:

2. I ain't a blonde.

*Low maintenance*

Even better put!!! :lol LOVE IT!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I think we should be clear that dogs really aren't capable of malice and she isn't doing anything with the intention of hurting you/making you depressed.

You've only had her for four months so she is still coming out of her shell and things are still new for her etc. Enza - the stuffie loving monster - could care less about them for the first six months I had her. But here are just a few other thoughts/comments.

1) You said your husband travels a lot - it could be she misses him or is wondering where he is.

2) break up the routine. I have a condo with no yard and often throw Enza into the car and drive off to a new place to explore on walks.

3) Give her something yummy to chew on - bully sticks, sweet potatoes, stuffed kongs, busy balls (my favorite).

4) She is probably feeding off of your energy. If you are feeling stressed and depressed, she will feed off of that and the result will be a quieter dog. I know when I'm an emotional mess, Enza retreats a bit.

5) I second taking a class together - it will really teach you both how to "read" each other.

6) Relax.

7) Relax.

excellent advice.

i immediatly thought,"this dog needs to get a job". obedience training will help the 2 of you really bond and give her some work. remember, even though greyhounds do not fit into the working dog class, they worked for a living. training, track, routine at the kennel were all part of their job description! once you bond and she opens up thru training try to see if she sparks up a little doing meet and greets and possibly therapy dog certification.

To OP: If the change was sudden you may want to consider a vet visit. The change itself wouldn't be a worry so much as a rapid onset. When in doubt the cost of a vet visit might be worth it to cover the bases.

What folks have posted so far about 4 mos not being long & perhaps she is just settling into your routine is all quite valid. Your description of her prior behavior is a good description of my girl's natural temperament. Then again, maybe you have become boring to her. Sorry, don't mean any offense at all in that. But think of new relationships. There's a lot to learn about folks. Some people find that exciting. As time goes on the relationship evens out into something much more laid back. What you may think of with concern could just be your girl's version of a comfortable silence.

You might consider putting your girl on a pay to play plan. Take some or all of her daily food rations & dole them out as treats during the day when your hound does something you like. Marker training, which is what clicker training is, is a great way to give your girl mental stimulation & make you much more interesting to her. It also has the tremendous bonus other posters have mentioned of giving you both a way to communicate. It works. I promise.

It works even when you've had your dog for quite a while. Have been training with my girl, who was my first Greyhound, from the time I got her 5 years ago. However, it is only in the last year that when I worked to train her to alert me at certain times of day that my sweet, reserved, 'I don't want to bother you for something as sillie as asking for attention', girlie Grey figured out she could actually manipulate me. All of a sudden, at a time of day I'd not trained her to alert me she shows up next to me while I was working at home & starts nuzzling me. Nuzzling is her alert signal. "What?" I asked her looking at the clock. She looks up adoringly at me & nuzzles some more. "It's not time, sweetie." Nuzzle, nuzzle, adoring eyes stare up. "Oh, you are the cutest thing." We visit, I turn back to work & she leaves only to return in a few minutes. Nuzzle, nuzzle, adoring glances. "Sweetie it isn't time," but I look at the clock again anyway. Nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle. "Meow!" Ben the cat has been walking back & forth but I was paying him no attention because he's such a beggar. Then I remember what the clock just read. "OK, Ben," it's finally time for your dinner. Girly Grey spins in happiness. "Silly girl. I'm feeding Ben." When I come back downstairs though I've not got three happy hounds so they all get their dinner. Next Wed. rolls around & around 5:30 PM it starts. Nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle. She has learned how to get me to feed the cat. And feeding the cat means dinner for houndies. LOL Smart girl.

She's also female and a lot of female greyhounds are very independent. I have 3 females and none of mine need me for anything until they're ready for me.:lol ...

My boys on the other hand are absolutely opposite, I'm the center of their world.:lol

There's an email that's floated around with the following description of girl hounds vs boy hounds which seems to very much reflect my personal experience:

Boys:

*High maintenance.*

Girls:

Here's the rules:

2. I ain't a blonde.

*Low maintenance*

well said!!! i have told people who i have met who want a greyhound that the males and females are really 2 different breeds! yes, the boyz eternal babies, girlz- all business and they will make sure they get what they need!

• 6 months later...
Guest poischiche

Hello Everyone.

I did not realize that there was activity here beyond my last post.

Kaya update. She was BORED.

Kaya had a lovely summer. It was too hot for long walks. so she hung out by the pool (in the shade) her favourite activity, for the last few months. Summer is quite active in my condo complex as there are many people who work from home or have businesses in the building. The yard was full of activity with babies, dogs and large parties. She loved it; observing everything from her comfy pillow. She also has become skilled at mooching goodies from the neighbours.

Its fall again. That means that no one is outside and my workload is heavier. Is she bored? Yes, however, now that we know each other so much better, she is quite happy just to be with me. She has become a jealous doggie and does not like me associating with any other dogs (or cats). This is new. I'm quite happy to meet dogs and cats and when she realizes that I am having fun, her attitude shifts to "okay we've had enough, let's go".

I have not re-read the posts here. I apologize for that.

Kaya has visited New York (Manhattan, Brooklyn and Brighton Beach!) Toronto, Quebec City and Kamouraska, Quebec! She is a great traveller.

She is my first greyhound and the love of my life. I do appreciate her quietness and she does have a big personality, but only with me. Do I humanize her? Of course I do. She quite frankly is the most "civilized" dog that I have ever met.

We are growing and learning together. I never thought that I would own a greyhound and we have had to go through our learning curves. She is my little love. Sorry for sounding so mushy, but she is so wonderful.

If I ever figure out how to post photos, everyone will see how absolutely beautiful she is.

She knows what the daily routine is and she follows it. It seems like she's learning the rules really well! You're working = she leaves you alone. She's come out of her shell and settled into your household without many problems, and is doing what 99.99% of greyhounds do all day - they sleep and laze around. The behavior you're describing sounds perfectly normal to me.

Exactly that.

And the reason my late dad referred to greyhounds as "plant life."

I agree 100% with Greysmom and Batmom.

Greyhounds ARE different from other breeds. Which is exactly why it was the perfect choice for me at my stage in life. I don't have a yard either. My dog is what gets me up and out of the house. We go for a long walk every morning, and then I go to work. He sleeps. I come home, we go out. He eats. Then he sleeps. Then I take him out. Then he sleeps. Then we both sleep. Then we do it again the next day. He doesn't play with toys. He likes food, sleep, and walks. He does enjoy a nice snuggle (while he sleeps). He rarely wants to obey me, even when he knows what I want. He is unimpressed when I get stern. He lived an entire life and career before me. He came as a fully formed individual. As long as he walks nicely on a leash, doesn't bite me, and doesn't pee in the house, I consider him an EXCELLENT companion. He's nearly silent, his has soft silky ears he likes to have rubbed, and he doesn't need to be entertained.

What more could an old maid like me want? :colgate

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Guest poischiche

She knows what the daily routine is and she follows it. It seems like she's learning the rules really well! You're working = she leaves you alone. She's come out of her shell and settled into your household without many problems, and is doing what 99.99% of greyhounds do all day - they sleep and laze around. The behavior you're describing sounds perfectly normal to me.

Exactly that.

And the reason my late dad referred to greyhounds as "plant life."

I agree 100% with Greysmom and Batmom.

Greyhounds ARE different from other breeds. Which is exactly why it was the perfect choice for me at my stage in life. I don't have a yard either. My dog is what gets me up and out of the house. We go for a long walk every morning, and then I go to work. He sleeps. I come home, we go out. He eats. Then he sleeps. Then I take him out. Then he sleeps. Then we both sleep. Then we do it again the next day. He doesn't play with toys. He likes food, sleep, and walks. He does enjoy a nice snuggle (while he sleeps). He rarely wants to obey me, even when he knows what I want. He is unimpressed when I get stern. He lived an entire life and career before me. He came as a fully formed individual. As long as he walks nicely on a leash, doesn't bite me, and doesn't pee in the house, I consider him an EXCELLENT companion. He's nearly silent, his has soft silky ears he likes to have rubbed, and he doesn't need to be entertained.

What more could an old maid like me want? :colgate

Guest poischiche

Yes greyhounds are not like like other dogs. I quite enjoy that about them. My husband often teases me and says that we adopted a more neurotic version of me. So, according to him, we adopted a "mini me".

Just came back from the park, played with doggies and babies. Kaya is wagging her tail like a little helicopter. Good stuff.

I am so glad to read this update! It's so often just a matter of time before our hound(s) inevitably settle in and steal our hearts so completely!

She is my first greyhound and the love of my life. I do appreciate her quietness and she does have a big personality, but only with me. Do I humanize her? Of course I do. She quite frankly is the most "civilized" dog that I have ever met.

Kaya is still quite possibly the most beautiful greyhound I have ever met and so lucky to have found her place with you. We all love pictures; the easiest way I know how is to use Photobucket to create an album, then select the image code and paste it into the link window that pops up from the chain icon in a message window here for the pictures you'd like to post on GT. I think I even saved a picture of Kaya from the kennel -- may I post it here for you? I would adore seeing more pictures of Kaya, and so would at least one other person here :)

Not all greys are plant life; my two are trained for their Canine Good Citizens certificates and love GH meet and greets and other events. There's a very good chance Simba will start in agility soon, and Stella in rally obedience.

Here's Kaya's sister Stella saying hello and hoping to see both of you again!

PICT0488-1.jpg

Guest poischiche

Oh thank you so much! What a joy to see Stella! I remember meeting you and Stella very briefly at the NGA picnic. We had to rush to get Kaya's nails clipped. Stella is a gorgeous girl!

I think that Stella and Kaya are gorgeous girls! Same family! Good genes!

Thanks for the photo tips. I'll try. Feel free to post anything you have.

My email is basiabu@vif.com

Guest poischiche

Oh thank you so much! What a joy to see Stella! I remember meeting you and Stella very briefly at the NGA picnic. We had to rush to get Kaya's nails clipped. Stella is a gorgeous girl!

I think that Stella and Kaya are gorgeous girls! Same family! Good genes!

Thanks for the photo tips. I'll try. Feel free to post anything you have.

My email is basiabu@vif.com

Sorry for the double post. iPhone + big thumbs.

We'll hope to meet up again at the annual picnic so the sisters can visit. Good genes is absolutely true :) Stella loved Kaya, you know, even though Kaya is the beautiful one. For those of you who haven't met Kaya, she is a velvety blue brindle with deep amber eyes, not as shy as Stella was.

I found the picture I saved -- there's no way your girl isn't one of the most gorgeous greys:

Kate.jpg

So glad Kaya found her home with you!

Guest poischiche

Kaya hates meet and greets, She always has an expression as if she was saying "how could you do this to me!" Someone at the last M&G stated that she looked as if she was beaten with a stick! Kaya is very VERY shy.

She is gorgeous. She alternates between looking like Scrat from Ice Age and an antelope. I'd love to get her involved in agility events. I think that she would love that. So would I.

I also notice that she prefers the company of men. She goes bonkers over young men with short dark hair, because they probably remind her of someone. She isn't really interested in women. Which sucks for me.

Cody LOVED LOVED LOVED men when I got her - she was the kennel pet. I used to call her 'the slut' cause on walks, she'd pull toward any man & just FAWN all over them, smiling, etc! I lived alone, so she just had me. eventually, she would fawn over me too (but only after I was gone for awhile!)

Give her time - if you haven't had a grey before, this is kind of what they're like! Some are very laid back - she could be just very settled in now. OR she could still change a lot in the next few months.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge