I Have Been Watching This On Marx And It Has Grown And Is Now Raised

This is a lesion/mass on the left side of Marx's chest, it's black in the middle and has raised red smaller lesions around it. Anyone ever seen this on their hound?

384522629.jpg

384522628.jpg

update 3/27/10

Took Marx to the vet, she took a small sample to check for mast cells, there were none had her do bloodwork which came back fine. We both agreed this ugly thing has to come off. He has a few other lestions we are considering removing at the same time but I'm scared. Two of the lesions are on the side of his manlyness. I'm waiting for the estimate. I will most likely call Monday or Tuesday to schedule his surgery. Funny how things happen right before vacations. Marx is doing fine.

I'll update when I have more info on when his surgery will be.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

How long ago did you first notice it? It almost looks like a (benign) histiocytoma but don't trust me. Definitely needs a vet check now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

it's been there a few months, it was very small at first, vet told me to keep an eye on it. Marx has multiple lesions on him. I just noticed this yesterday and will certianly call monday for an appointment asap.

Guest Energy11

Looks "nasty," like the others said. If it were one of mine, I'd get the vet to biopsy it. MIGHT be NOTHING, but, best to find out asap! Good Luck!

i have a feeling this is probably another Cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma lesion. Marx had one removed from his leg last June. sigh......... this is a nasty spot to have a mass, i have also noticed that the small lesions he has around his, um....manlyness and on the side of his manlyness have grown. :eek:(

he will turn 10 on the 28th of this month, way too young for such big issues.

All prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:goodluck poor Marxy, hope it's nothing serious. Mr. Murphy goes in Wednesday to get a lump checked. I went ahead and scheduled surgery the next morning so I can just leave him. After Bailey I just want it gone regardless of how innocent it may be.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

i have a feeling this is probably another Cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma lesion.

All prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

That's what I would have guessed. Shadow had one that looked almost exactly like that.

We'll be thinking of you and Marx.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Tess just had 7 removed last week. The Vet says they are beign hemagonias. Altogether we have had about 17 removed from Tess stomach and chest area. She is doing fine and goes back 28th to have the stitches removed. She will be 11 in Sept. She also had to toes removed because of beign tumors around the bones. She did well with that as well. She is on Antibiotic for another 2 days and then she's finishes with that.

Ruth in Idaho