Ester Has Discospondylitis

Guest greytexplorer

How is she? Anything that can be done to help her?

Sending lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytexplorer

Ester is painful. She's been acting "off" for at least a week. Licking her hind end A LOT, panting A LOT, just acting weird. The other night, she came out of my closet, panting really hard, so I gave her a xanax to help her relax. She then picked up her monkey and went back into the closet and laid down.

I took her to the vet Friday am. X-ray showed the discospondylitis. (inflammation in spine)

I thought Ester might have a uti. Vet said, don't worry, if we give her a shot of Convenia, it will cover the inflammation, the uti and the skin problem that she has! :)

Ester is still acting weird, but doesn't seem to be in such pain (not panting).

She is taking 1/2 tab of Previcox (227mg) once a day to help with the pain.

I might give her a xanax again tonight, since it's supposed to rain, which freeks her out!

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has had to deal with this????

Pat

Oh Pat- I am so sorry to hear about Ester. Sending prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Pat,

Isin't she on an antibiotic? If I'm not mistaken, she should be on one for at least 6 weeks.

Hope she feels better, please give her a gentle hug from us

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytexplorer

Thanks Robin.

Claudia, yes, Ester had 1 shot of Convenia, which is a broad spectrum antibiotic. In a week, we go back for eval. If she is responding, she will get another shot. One shot each week for 6 weeks.

Hopefully, it's over after that.

Thanks Robin.

Claudia, yes, Ester had 1 shot of Convenia, which is a broad spectrum antibiotic. In a week, we go back for eval. If she is responding, she will get another shot. One shot each week for 6 weeks.

Hopefully, it's over after that.

I must have mis-understood Pat, I thought the vet was saying one shot and she's good to go.

Hoping she does well

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry that Ester and you have to go through this. Having a bad back myself, I know it must be so painful. Healing thoughts and prayers for Ester and you from me and my pack. :getwell

I have no experience with this and hope that she improves and is comfortable. I also just wanted to say hi! Haven't spoken with you in a while! Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Energy11

No experience with this, but based on the illness, sounds like you and Ester are on the right track to treat it.

Sending you many hugs and prayers!