What A Greyt Group!

MilliesMom

I want to thank all of you for sharing your stories and support for me and each other

through our difficult times. On August 19th, my Millie will have been gone a year.

She was my heartdog for 13 1/2 of her almost 15 years, and despite the other dogs and

cats I've had over several decades. it was this loss that hurt me the most. Coming just a

year before my only child left home for college, it was particularly difficult. (Can't you tell

I'm in the throes of empty nest?)

I have found great comfort in knowing that I wasn't alone in my grief. I'm finally starting

to get to the other side of it. Yes, I do cry on occasion, but now I see her as Grandma

Mil, telling us that we need to adopt another youngster and to love and cherish it just as

much as we did her.

We were blessed in that Millie lived a very long and wonderful life. She suffered little. It

always will hurt that she's gone, but had she never graced our lives, we never would

have known the love this goofy girl would have given to us. She enriched our lives,

immeasurably. You're a greyt bunch of people!

God bless you all.

Same to you Millie's Mom. Hopefully soon we will be hearing stories filled with joy about your new pupper (who's out there waiting patiently for you :) )

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

It is a blessing to have such a capacity to love. I'm certain that Millie did and does love you back just as much.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I am so glad that her memory is starting to bring smiles and warmth to you now instead of only sorrow. What a special girl she was -- and is, because she still lives in your thoughts, and her lessons are still guiding you.

Sending many hugs, and some thank-you's for sharing your feelings with us.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

See how sweet all of you are!

We simply can't afford another dog right now...and I hope it's not a problem with greys, but when dogs lick me, I tend to itch all over. It was just slight with Mil.

Anyway, my son and I went to the pound yesterday. It was the first time I've seen him warm up to a dog since Mil's death, and it was wonderful to see.

I'd like to go again, not to get one (the one I let lick me made me itch) but because they're so stressed-out and lonely that just having a human look them in the eyes and talk to them makes THEM feel better. (Okay, okay, it gave me warm fuzzies, too!)

Still working on hubby going.

:grouphug now quit making me get all teary eyed at work :cry1;)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I usually get my jollies with shows on Animal Planet or the Humane Society show on Saturdays. Last week, they said 100 kittens a day are coming into their shelters in the Phoenix area. A horrifying number.

When DS and I were looking at the kittens, this wee little one cried and climbed up the fenced gate to the cage to nearly as high as my 18-year-old son was when he stood up--close to 6 feet. Gave us quite a scare. So we just about sat on the floor and coaxed it back to safer ground.

Why is it so hard for people to spay or neuter their pets? There are WAY too many furry companions in the shelter. (I don't know if it's just that there are no rescue groups here, but we saw at least a couple of Shar-peis.)