Adams Flea And Tick Mist

Guest HersheysMom

Guest HersheysMom

Thinking of switching to this for the ticks this year. But, what if the dog is a licker? If they lick their fur with this stuff on it I can't imagine that would be safe. Yet, you need to spray the whole coat, don't you, including legs & feet?

I'm curious to see your replies to this.

I have tried to spray Niña and she acts like I'm killing her. She does not like the sound of the squirt bottle.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest EmilyandSioux

My guys hate it. They don't like the sprayer and then they run around trying to rub it off. There is a lot of alcohol in it.

Guest TeddysMom

I have several dogs that don't like the sound of the sprayer so I have a couple of old washcloths I dampen with the Adams and wipe them down with that. I have never have any of my dogs get sick with the Adams and I have all different sizes and breeds. I do the whole body, legs, feet, face(with the rag) and ears. I started using it last year after reading posts on GT, it is great stuff.

Guest Energy11

I have several dogs that don't like the sound of the sprayer so I have a couple of old washcloths I dampen with the Adams and wipe them down with that. I have never have any of my dogs get sick with the Adams and I have all different sizes and breeds. I do the whole body, legs, feet, face(with the rag) and ears. I started using it last year after reading posts on GT, it is great stuff.

That is what I was going to suggest. If the hate the spray, use a washcloth or old rag, to apply the spray.

Thinking of switching to this for the ticks this year. But, what if the dog is a licker? If they lick their fur with this stuff on it I can't imagine that would be safe. Yet, you need to spray the whole coat, don't you, including legs & feet?

Oakly is a licker, too, but he is fine ... I just applied the Adams two days ago. :-)

You include the body, legs, feet, etc. You can spray it on your hands, and rub the head and ears.

Guest TeddysMom

I am going to have to find it online. Walmart doesn't carry it here and the feed store and Ace hardware only carry the kind with IGR now. I use only the plain Adams spray without the IGR.

Guest Energy11

I am going to have to find it online. Walmart doesn't carry it here and the feed store and Ace hardware only carry the kind with IGR now. I use only the plain Adams spray without the IGR.

Yeah, I don't use the formula with IGR. Just more stuff to mess up the puppers. You can find it ANYWHERE online! Just type in Adams Flea and Tick Mist. Good Luck!

Guest eaglflyt

The best price I've found online is HERE. They have excellent service and the prices are about 1/2 of what it is at Petsmart or Petco. I order from here when I have other items I need, too, so that my shipping expense is spread over several items. I also buy our Petzlife Oral Care supplies here ... they have it discounted frequently! :)

Guest Houndie

Does the Adams kill fleas and ticks once they are on the pup, or does it act as more of a repellant? Does it work for mosquitos, too? We have only used K9 Advantix in the past with success, but I'm interested in trying the Adams, if it does the job.

On the shelves here I've only seen the Adams with IGR. So what does IGR do that makes it special or worse?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

uh oh. I didnt know to look for IGR free Adams! I bought some yesterday, the waterbased kind (good? bad?) at WalMart. I guess I'll have to look when I get home to see if it has IGR.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I bought some this weekend, too. I went with the water based because I thought it would be better than the alcohol based. Also went with the no IGR. I just frontlined the dogs a week ago, so I can't use the Adams on them yet, but I am going to spray their bedding. Saw my first tick on the dogs in years a week ago. All this dam rain. Looking forward to trying it, and I may get some lavender baby powder too, after reading the other post :)

Guest Energy11

Does the Adams kill fleas and ticks once they are on the pup, or does it act as more of a repellant? Does it work for mosquitos, too? We have only used K9 Advantix in the past with success, but I'm interested in trying the Adams, if it does the job.

Adams kills AND repells fleas and ticks! :-))

Get the water-based, with NO IGR. That is Insect Growth Inhibitor. I, personally, don't think it is necessary. I just use the PLAIN OLD ADAMS Flea and Tick Mist (water based :-)) Good Stuff!

Guest Energy11

Just found it at Pet Food Direct with no shipping! And it makes it very clear which type you are ordering smile.gif

Clicky here for Adams online

eta - well darn it, the water based one is out of stock...sorry guys.

Just an FYI... I LOVE Pet Food Direct! This is where I get ALL my food and treats! If you wait for their sales, their discouts, and weekends like this, with free shipping, it is no more expensive than the doggie food stores.

http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/ProductPages/Product.aspx?pid=12097&k=Adams%20Water%20Based%20Flea%20and%20Tick%20Mist

Here is the water-based spray. Price about average.

Guest HersheysMom

Just found it at Pet Food Direct with no shipping! And it makes it very clear which type you are ordering smile.gif

Just an FYI... I LOVE Pet Food Direct! This is where I get ALL my food and treats! If you wait for their sales, their discouts, and weekends like this, with free shipping, it is no more expensive than the doggie food stores.

http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/ProductPages/Product.aspx?pid=12097&k=Adams%20Water%20Based%20Flea%20and%20Tick%20Mist

Ha! Thank you so much - but I just came on to post that I just found it at dog.com for 9.99 So I guess I got a good deal! $6 shipping. Yes, PFD is the BEST - especially when they send you the 20% off coupons once you are on their mailing list. Anywho, here's the link for dog.com's Adams. I can't wait until it arrives (am I nuts??)

dog.com

Edited by HersheysMom

Guest Energy11

http://www.petcarerx...d%20Tick%20Mist

Ha! Thank you so much - but I just came on to post that I just found it at dog.com for 9.99 So I guess I got a good deal! $6 shipping. Yes, PFD is the BEST - especially when they send you the 20% off coupons once you are on their mailing list. Anywho, here's the link for dog.com's Adams. I can't wait until it arrives (am I nuts??)

dog.com

MAN! THAT IS AN AMAZING PRICE!!! I will get some through there. I have one 32 oz left, but, we started spraying weekly, this week. WAYY too hott for this time of year, and the bugs are "bugging" us already! I do think you'll like the Adams! Happy spraying!

Guest HersheysMom

http://www.petcarerx...d%20Tick%20Mist

dog.com

MAN! THAT IS AN AMAZING PRICE!!! I will get some through there. I have one 32 oz left, but, we started spraying weekly, this week. WAYY too hott for this time of year, and the bugs are "bugging" us already! I do think you'll like the Adams! Happy spraying!

That's for a 16 oz though. Still a good price?

Guest Energy11

Dee, you only use it once a week? Does it work for mosquitoes, too? Where I live I'm not too worried about ticks, but fleas and mosquitoes, yes.

Yes, only once a week. I have fleas, ticks and mosquitoes here, too! I honestly didn't have much, if any, trouble last year. Good luck! These are some of the many reason, I REALLY do not like summer! :-(

Dee, you only use it once a week? Does it work for mosquitoes, too? Where I live I'm not too worried about ticks, but fleas and mosquitoes, yes.

Yes, only once a week. I have fleas, ticks and mosquitoes here, too! I honestly didn't have much, if any, trouble last year. Good luck! These are some of the many reason, I REALLY do not like summer! :-(

I'm right there with you...the only good thing about the first day of summer is that fall and winter come next.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I looked at my bottle but I can tell if it has IGR or not. What am I looking for and should I return mine if I bought the wrong kind? :unsure

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.