Frontline + Adams Flea And Tick Mist?

Guest NJgrey

Guest NJgrey

Quick background - During our first visit to the vet, he found a flea on her and some flea dirt. Applied frontline plus at the time. That was about a month ago. She still itches around her backside where we first found the flea, and this morning I found another one on her with more flea dirt. She's just about due for another round of frontline, but I was hoping to do something that would give her some immediate relief and get rid of whatever's on her right now and I've been reading good things about Adams Flea and Tick Mist.

Is it safe to use the two products together? Thanks

I've read here that Frontline isn't working so great for fleas anymore

I started using Adam's last summer but we really don't have fleas here

I did find a tick on Diamond earlier this week so sprayed them and ordered some frontline (I only treat once in the spring for ticks)

No idea if you can use them together but I have read here that people spray once a week

Where do you live?

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest littlesyd85

I use Advantage... Kills the fleas pretty much immediately. From what I understand, Frontline causes the fleas to not be able to reproduce instead of killing them. So while they are not creating more fleas, they aren't killed and may still be walking around on your hound.

Guest Plygreygirl

We had to stop using Frontline years ago. It stopped working for us!!! And here in Mass. need all the help we can get as fleas and ticks especially are a problem. So I have used Advantix for the last couple of years. When I went thru the Frontline failure yes my dog and the house were totally infested in a matter of two weeks. For immediatly relief I gave Carly a bath in dawn. Seems the stuff kills the littler buggers!!! And I used a conditioner on her beacuse of the harshness of the soap. So good luck but from experence do not let it go too far !!! The little buggers multiply really fast and trearing about the house to get rid of them is a pain in the _ _ _ !!!

Guest Energy11

As many of you know, I SWEAR by Adams Flea and Tick Mist. NO fleas at all last year. We just zapped them today with the mist, as it is ridiculously WARM for mid March :"-( Anyway, No, I would NOT use it with anyother flea/tick products. Using it with Capstar would be fine, though.

Good Luck!!! I think the fleas are all getting "wise" to most of these products, but, again, NO fleas with Adams here!

Hmmmm. I live in Massachusetts too. I use Frontline Plus, monthly, from about NOW through November,and George has NEVER had a flea, and neither did my last dog who I had for 15 years.

I have seen ticks WALKING on George (Frontline doesn't repel ticks, it just kills them eventually once they attach).

Anyone with cats--stay away from Advantix. It's good stuff, and you CAN use it on a Greyhound, but it's toxic to cats so my vet won't even prescribe it to me since she knows my Evil One is all over George!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest NickelCreeksMom

I switched to Advantage too, Frontline also stopped working for me.

Which I found out after all the boys got fleas..

I bathed them with Adams and sprayed them and their beds with Adams Mist, no more fleas

hmmm, where would I get Adams?

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Believe it or not, you can get it at Wal-mart!

It is also available online.

and its just a spray on? daily? weekly? monthly? I hate the greasy line the other stuff leaves.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest Energy11

and its just a spray on? daily? weekly? monthly? I hate the greasy line the other stuff leaves.

No greasy line. A pleasant smell, and we do it once a week here ... just spray it on. I don't spray around their faces. I spray on my hands, and rub on their heads, and in the insides of their ears... (*ticks like this area)!

You can also spray their bedding once a week, and like today, I zapped two wasps and another bee with the stuff! Kills them, too, and non-toxic to you, dogs and cats.

Good Luck!

Edited by Energy11

Guest NJgrey

Thanks for all the replies. We're in north east NJ. I've only seen one flea at a time on her for a total of two, and there isn't a ton of flea dirt but I know it's making her uncomfortable.

Any suggestions on what to do? Like I said, the appeal of the Adams mist is that at least it should kill whatever's on her right now, but I also don't want to poison her with too much of this stuff. Would it make sense to use the Adams now and skip the Frontline Plus for a month? She's due for it in about a week.

Guest Energy11

I don't use ANY topicals ... don't have to.

You might just spray her very well, and rub it into the hair with your hand. Should do the trick, UNLESS you want to buy some of the Adams Flea Shampoo and bath her first?

Yes, the product is safe, but, of course, wash your hands well, after applying, too.

Being too hott too soon, doesn't help this situation, either.mad.gif

Guest Maddison

Thank goodness for Greytalk! I just got home from the vet, the new cat has fleas! I just did Revolution for both of them and got a spray for the house but I'll go find the Adams too! I was just at the recommended free vet visit on Monday for the cat and asked her if he had fleas and she just looked at him and said no. The cats' cough didn't go away on the antibiotics so I went to our regular vet and she combed him for fleas and sure enough, she found one. I love my vet!!!

Guest Energy11

Thank goodness for Greytalk! I just got home from the vet, the new cat has fleas! I just did Revolution for both of them and got a spray for the house but I'll go find the Adams too! I was just at the recommended free vet visit on Monday for the cat and asked her if he had fleas and she just looked at him and said no. The cats' cough didn't go away on the antibiotics so I went to our regular vet and she combed him for fleas and sure enough, she found one. I love my vet!!!

I do have to say, Revolution is a wonderful product for cats! It is expensive, but you will like it. For dogs, my former vet/employer didn't recommed it, as it didn't control intestinal parasites (worms).

Adams is wonderful for cats, too, but again, I would not use the two together.

Guest Maddison

I do have to say, Revolution is a wonderful product for cats! It is expensive, but you will like it. For dogs, my former vet/employer didn't recommed it, as it didn't control intestinal parasites (worms).

Adams is wonderful for cats, too, but again, I would not use the two together.

Thanks! I will wash everything down and spray with the stuff the vet gave me. I hope that he wasn't in the house long enough to infest everything, he's only been with us since Sunday and it was just one that the vet found.

weekly

I don't care for the smell but I'm sensitive to smells

Smell doesn't last more than a day or so

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

need to look for it!!! Now that Norm is coming to work with me I need to be extra careful not only for him but for the residents!

need to look for it!!! Now that Norm is coming to work with me I need to be extra careful not only for him but for the residents!

I got mine at WalMart but I need to check with Batmom to see where she gets her jugs. She has a larger size that I didn't see at WM

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

As many of you know, I SWEAR by Adams Flea and Tick Mist. NO fleas at all last year. We just zapped them today with the mist, as it is ridiculously WARM for mid March :"-( Anyway, No, I would NOT use it with anyother flea/tick products. Using it with Capstar would be fine, though.

Good Luck!!! I think the fleas are all getting "wise" to most of these products, but, again, NO fleas with Adams here!

Energy11, because of your posts last year, I started using Adams because for the first time in YEARS, my dogs had fleas!! Used the Adams, they were gone in about a day. Love it--thanks for the recommendation! :thumbs-up

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest Energy11

Energy11, because of your posts last year, I started using Adams because for the first time in YEARS, my dogs had fleas!! Used the Adams, they were gone in about a day. Love it--thanks for the recommendation! thumbs-up.gif

******Disclaimer***********I do NOT work for the company! lol.gif Actually, my friend Lynette, told me about this product at the first Mountain Hounds we went to, five years ago! I, like you, tried it, and, YEP, it works!

I will be featuring it again at our first aid seminiar this year at Mt. Hounds!

Sooo Glad it works for you! smile.gif

I love Adams...before products like Frontline and Advantage came out I would go into work and spray my pant legs and socks...kills and repels. :devil

If your pet does not like the mist sound you can spray Adams on a towel and wrap them up(works good on small animals)...fleas die pretty quick. We always recommended spray around the neck first, that way any fleeing flea would not get up to the eyes, ears and muzzle.

I keep it on hand...works on ants too coming in the windows....I soak a cotton ball in Adams and block their trail.

The first warm days are when the sleeping larvae wake up..I use Advantage for summer months.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest mcsheltie

I don't use ANY topicals ... don't have to.

You might just spray her very well, and rub it into the hair with your hand. Should do the trick, UNLESS you want to buy some of the Adams Flea Shampoo and bath her first?

Yes, the product is safe, but, of course, wash your hands well, after applying, too.

Being too hott too soon, doesn't help this situation, either.mad.gif

What about long haired dogs (my Shelties) how wet do you have to get them? It would take a lot to get to the skin.

Guest lat41065

I use it together if I am taking the hounds out and think they may bring hitchhikers home.

Walmart here in NOLA has the Adams water soluable spray on sale for 3.50 in the clearance section. Also a cool pet first aid kit for 3.00.

I have my dog on Confortis (that is what he came home from Jacksonville using) If I see any fleas could I spray him and his bedding with Adams?

Thanks, Nan

I have my dog on Confortis (that is what he came home from Jacksonville using) If I see any fleas could I spray him and his bedding with Adams?

Thanks, Nan