Jasmine

Guest greybookends

Guest VaGreymom

What a beautiful tribute to Jasmine. She was so lucky to have found you, and found a home that showed her the unconditional love she deserved.

Run Free Sweet Jasmine.

This was hard to read. weep.gif So beautifully written about a real rescue of a dear girl. God speed, sweet Jasmine. My heart aches for those who loved you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She had five greyt years with a greyt family that loved her.

Run free Jasmine, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a life she had! I'm so sorry she's gone now.

Godspeed, Jasmine.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Run free Beautiful Jasmine. Wait for the Oconners they will be looking for you when their time on earth is over.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

God bless you all who made a difference to this sweet greyhounds life. Glad that she knew the love of a good family.

Run free Jasmine :gh_run

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest 3greysinPA

This tribute to sweet Jasmine was very touching... thank you for sharing...

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

f_yellow:gh_run2:heartJasmine :heart:gh_run2f_yellow

Edited by 3greysinPA

written by Jasmine's mom:

Kiowa Bc Grape

April 23, 1998 - March 18, 2010

Jasmine

Jasmine's early years were spent racing at tracks in West Virginia and Florida. After her retirement in March 2001, she was adopted by a family in Swansboro, NC until she was returned to Greyhound Friends, Wilmington in early 2005.

After searching for six months, to find the "perfect" greyhound to fit into our canine family of 4, we came across Jasmine at the Meet and Greet at Petsmart, Wilmington in the beginning of March 2005. I can remember as if it were yesterday, Jasmine standing inside the left, front entrance, on a leash held by her very caring foster Mom, Lori Parsons. As I entered the store with my little female whippet, we headed straight for Lori and Jasmine. Within one minute of whippet Finny and Jasmine gently touching each other, I told Lori I would take her. Lori knew I had been searching for some time and was thrilled with my decision.

Jasmine was a perfect fit for our four rescues, two brother/sister whippets, Lakota and Affinity, our Shepherd mix, Matsi, and my daughter Andrea's little Pom, Misty. Jasmine was the gentle, calming, quiet presence in our home that all our other doggies needed.

Falling so madly in love with her and her breed, we decided to find her a greyhound buddy, and saw Meg on the GFNC website. Meg came out of a hoarding situation in Chapel Hill where there were 66 dogs, mostly greyhounds, living in a run down house. Meg fit right into our doggie family. Meg's time with us was short and she passed after 7 ½ months, leaving behind her buddy Jaz and the 2 whippets who felt her passing the most. During Meg's brief time with us and at the end of November 2005, little beagle Eddie, a hurricane Katrina survivor, came to stay with us also.

At the beginning of March 2006, Jasmine and Mom took a two month class so Jasmine could become a therapy dog and reading partner to children. After completing the class, Jasmine visited a local nursing home bringing much joy to the elderly patients there. One of the happiest times of her life was reading with children at the library of an elementary school in Wilmington. She would get out of the car in the parking lot of the school, and very quickly walk Mom into the library, settling onto her bed in her special corner of the room. She would let the children nestle right next to her as they read, and then she gently took biscuits from their hands when their time was up for the day.

Our two grandsons came to visit two or three times a year. Jasmine so enjoyed these visits as our youngest grandson, Sean, was so much in love with her. Whenever Sean needed to see her again he would ask his Mom in their home in New York, "When are we going to see Jasmine again"? We'll always remember the time our daughter and the boys drove from New York to Charlotte for a Nascar race for a long weekend. Our daughter took the time to drive from Charlotte to Wilmington and back again, and stayed with us only overnight, just so Sean could see his beloved Jasmine. This past Thanksgiving was the last time Jasmine and Sean were together. He will greatly miss his "big girl".

Jasmine loved waking Mom and all the doggies promptly at 7:00 for her breakfast. She was thankful for little "nurse" Finny whippet to always come running to lay by her side whenever she had muscle cramps. She let beagle Eddie be her backyard pal laying by her as they enjoyed the soft grass. Eddie also slept on the bed right next to Jasmine, as they kept each other company every night. Jasmine enjoyed her car rides, and her daily walks with Dad around the house and down the block and back. She couldn't wait each morning to get out in the yard after eating to walk slowly and stop for long periods of time under the weeping willow tree as the soft leaves and branches gently tickled her back. But mostly she adored having her neck rubbed, whenever she could get a chance, as she buried her head in our laps, softly grunting with pleasure.

Now run free without a care and find Meg, Tequila, Simba, Scrapper, our kitty family and all your Wilmington greyhound friends that have passed before you. What a glorious group you must be! We know you won't forget to seek out Hattie and let her know how our doggy family is so enjoying her toys, especially Lobbie and pink bunny.

Jasmine, we will always remember your sweet, soft as silk, gently face with those beautiful large, round, black eyes penetrating deep into our very souls. In your time on earth you have deeply touched so many of us with your glorious, gentle spirit. We will someday all be with you.

Mom, Dad, Andrea, Troy, Jackie, Maria and John

Matsi, Lakota, Affinity; Eddie, Kusquay and Misty

Grandkids Patrick and Sean

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends

Thank you for posting that Ducky. As I said before, Jasmine was extra special and I am grateful for being allowed to share just a little bit of precious time with her.

Guest HoustonGreys

:weep That was the sweetest ending to such a sad beginning. I am so thankful Jasmine's last years were her best and that's all she remembered, being loved and well taken care of. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss of this precious girl. :f_pink

:gh_run Run fast and free, Jasmine. No more muscle cramps sweet girl.

Guest windycove

Sweet Jasmine- thank you for sharing your life with us. Your Coastal Greys Friends have greeted you at the Bridge and maybe you are all playing in the surf.

Thank you Lori and the O'Conners for your Love.

What a great tribute to a very special girl.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]