Growling When Trying To Get My Grey To Move

Guest RobinAZ

Guest 4dogscrazy

I didn't really try too hard to teach them the command. I just said "down" loud, like a command, and made a sweeping motion with my hands, and pointing down. My dogs always seem to respond to hand signals well, I don't think they listen much to my rambling! I always try to use hand signals when I am trying to teach them anything, like "back" or "stop". Just a suggestion. I also agree with not grabbing the collar, use a leash, and revoking all furniture access. They can be stinkers, but YOU ARE the boss!!

Guest AGirlNamedMe

When I want Bella down from the bed, I point toward the floor and say, "Down." The first few times I did it, I tossed a kibble onto the floor. Toss, point, "down." And then all kinds of praise when she did it. Now, I don't need to toss the kibble...I just point and give the verbal command.

I also agree with the person who nudges their dog around a little while on the bed - it's important to know how the dog will react while being bothered - especially if you plan to let the dog sleep in the bed with you. (Bella is allowed in our bed when we're just hanging out, but once it's time for sleep she has to get to her own bed.)