Worried About Roscoe

Thanks for the update...sorry to hear it wasn't better news. Hopefully they can rule out anything really bad, and it can be treated!

Please keep us posted.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts for you and Roscoe. Hopefully it will be just a non-specific Uveitis and the meds will clear it up. His "zoning out" may have been the begining of this if his eyes were hurting.

I remember when you got him, but can not remember where he came from....was a tick-borne disease panel ever done?

Molleigh and I are here for you if you need us just call.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

:goodluck that nothing serious shows up, and that he feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Good thoughts for you and Roscoe. Hopefully it will be just a non-specific Uveitis and the meds will clear it up. His "zoning out" may have been the begining of this if his eyes were hurting.

I remember when you got him, but can not remember where he came from....was a tick-borne disease panel ever done?

Molleigh and I are here for you if you need us just call.

thanks. :)

I have no idea if he ever had the tick-panel done, however, they will be checking that with the blood work that was taken today.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

I'm only just seeing this! I'm so sorry for Roscoe, Lisa! :( I am keeping my fingers very tightly crossed for you both - hoping it's not cancer... and treatable. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

ok, need a little advice here.

Roscoe is on 2 different eye drops and doxycycline and vetprofen. The pills need to be taken w food. About 45 minutes ago I gave roscoe his last vetprofen for the night with 2 cookies. About 15ish minutes later he started gagging.. nothing came up, but now he has hiccups (or gags.. i dont know if theyre hiccups) and he's restless. He will not sleep. He's always passed out at this point of the night but he keeps getting up wandering. I brought him out (after the 'hiccups' and a mean fart-which he never farts) I brought him outside. He ate some grass which he's never done. He seems a bit better now, but still restless and a little hiccuppy. Did i not give him enough food w that pill and he got an upset tummy? It's just frazzling me because i dont know whats wrong or what he wants...

*wahhhhhhhhhh*

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe

vetprofin is the generic rimadyl, right? I am not a quick to e-vet person so I think if he doesn't seem to be in too much distress except for the digestive system then I'd just give a pepto. Then watch him carefully for any signs of distress but as I read it right now I would think he just has an upset stomach.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest mcsheltie

Pepcid.

I am just seeing this. I am sending positive vibes that it isn't something sinister! I have cats with this several times. They never found a cause and they got over it with medication.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Scary stuff... I hope he is feeling better soon and that there are no sinister underlying causes. Sending prayers and gentle hugs for your boy.

Roscoe seems fine this morning. I figured I didnt give him enough food with that pill last night and he felt sick. Poor thing.. Mommy's mistake! This morning he got his pills with a full breakfast and peanut butter! I found the easiest way in the world to give him a pill is to put a glob of pb on a spoon, push the pill into the pb, and he just gobbles it all down. Easy peasy.

But otherwise he seemed relatively normal this morning. I'm going home for lunch to check on him and give him more eye drops. I really hope this course of meds works for him and the blood work comes back with something 'simple'.. and we can be done with this.

Why don't we have a *sigh* emoti?

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg