A Year Has Passed Since Angel Left...

Forevermybabies

When I close my eyes, I can remember with all of my senses exactly how her head felt under my cheek. I know the temperature of her ears in my fingertips. I can feel her feet as I held her paws. My hands know the ridges of her ribs and the softness of her fur - indelibly etched into my mind. Impossibly soft. Her eyes so deeply brown and inquisitive.

I can hear her yip to go out, or her bark that would send other dogs scurrying the other way. I remember her pushing insistently under my hand - wanting me to cease whatever stupid thing I was doing that was distracting me from my main duty - petting her.

Oh, Lord. When does it stop hurting? I have a painting of her on the shelf in my bedroom. The only one of my dogs I ever had painted, for some reason.

Today at the dog park I was telling Marv how when she ran, she was like a bullet. Her sole venture into lure coursing was a rousing success as she unseated the reigning champ, and won 2 out of 3 of her heats. She had so much love of life. So much soul.

Oh, Lord.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Angel. That's her in the lower right hand corner. Believe it or not, that's Greyson - now 17 years old. Festus is in the background. Grey is playing tug o war with a foster, Duncan.

106158306.jpg

And another pic of Angel, wearing a sheep costume and laying on TOP of Sunscreen Man.

104754650.jpg

This would be Angel going down the steps. But she couldn't do it in a conventional manner. No. She had to to UNDER Festus and Sunscreen Man.

104754644.jpg

Here's Angel enjoying a rub from Grey (now 17.)

127176338.jpg

There will never be another dog like her.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

:grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest how888

I don't think it ever really quits hurting... There are days when it is a little easier but it still hurts so bad when we think of them... I am so sorry.. Just know we are always here for you...... :bighug

Angel looked like such a sweetheart. It will be two years in April since Hobbes passed away. At moments I can still feel his soft fur, the nuzzles of affection he would give me, feel him leaning against me for attention. Those special traits and feelings that made them so much a part of your life just don't disappear but stay in your heart. In time perhaps the pain will lessen and the memories of these moments with Angel will bring you comfort. grouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Angel was indeed very special. Unfortunately I think my pictures from your visit went MIA on my old self destructive hard drive, but I still remember how sweet she was and how much she and Phene liked each other.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Tami :bighug

As Linda said, I don't think the pain ever leaves us. It is the hole left in our hearts right by the pawprints they leave there. I think the intensity of the pain is equal to the intensity of the love we share with our hounds. :bighug

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”

What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”-Helen Keller

grouphug.gif

{{{{{{{{{{Tami}}}}}}}}}}

Sleep well, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I don't think the hurt ever goes away, but perhaps the time between the tears gets a little longer.

..10 years ago my Rosie....five years ago my heartdog Tess...but still have teary moments :(

{{{{{Hugs}}}}

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose