Peanut Is Still Limping, X-Rays On Friday

Guest Smiley

Just seeing this now. All good thoughts for Peanut. A sprain could take a good few weeks to heal and resting it is very important.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. Get the best possible x-rays and send them to OSU no matter what.

Having said that, it can't be anything serious I forbid it!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Lee asked me this morning if we had heard anything about your baby since we came home from Sandy Paws. Good wishes and hugs coming to all three of you from Miami.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest mickie37

Hi Beth,

So sorry to read about Peanut's limp.

I have been taking Lupo to the Vet you suggested who does acupuncture, and he has had very good results. Dr. Sivula is so gentle with Lupo and the boy actually doesn't mind his treatments.

Thought I would let you know.

Mickie

Soft tissue injuries actually take longer to heal than bones. My Opal limped for weeks and I finally got xrays thinking the worst. Nothing showed up. It took a good 2 months for her to stop limping. And I stopped pain meds because it was making her feel better and she kept running around reinjuring herself.

Guest Smiley

Hi Beth,

So sorry to read about Peanut's limp.

I have been taking Lupo to the Vet you suggested who does acupuncture, and he has had very good results. Dr. Sivula is so gentle with Lupo and the boy actually doesn't mind his treatments.

Thought I would let you know.

Mickie

Hi Mickie-

I'm so happy you like Dr. Sivula. If Peanut's x-rays are clean, we'll be heading out to see him for acupuncture too. And for me-a massage at a spa. I don't think I've slept a good night since she started limping.

Guest Hannah

:grouphug fingers and paws crossed for you and Peanut on Friday.

If it is a sprain or strain, as others have said, it will take a long time to heal.

Holly pulled her shoulder and the vet said the limp would go in 7-10 days but it would take a good 3 to 6 weeks to properly heal.

I managed to sprain my foot in the ice and snow, I was advised 8 - 10 weeks for total recovery :blink:

Hollys limp did go in about a week but she exerted herself too much a couple of weeks later and it came back so for a couple of months, as suggested by the vet, she was in heaven as all her exercise was by the canal, river or lake where she could swim rather than run.

my foot mostly healed, it is taking longer because I am not resting it, but I think the joy of taking holly for 15 mile walks in the countryside to watch her run and play is worth it :)

Being 11 I would take her right down to OSU. Iron Man was just favoring his leg a little. I took him up to OSU for x-rays. The Dr and students at OSU could barely see him limp. X-rays showed something going on in his leg, whatever it was, the leg needed to go. Results came back as Osteo. I pray I caught it early enough.

I'm sorry, but I would not wait.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest bluefawn

If you do get a diagnosis of OS, I would send the x-rays to Dr. Couto at OSU. He specializes in OS and greyhounds. Sending prayers for healing.

Guest Smiley

If you do get a diagnosis of OS, I would send the x-rays to Dr. Couto at OSU. He specializes in OS and greyhounds. Sending prayers for healing.

Unfortunately I have his number in my cell phone speed dial. He treated Smiley who we lost to OS just two months ago. I will likely send the x-rays over regardless along with an email or phone call. Today is not a good day-I am feeling really stressed and worried. Peanut however, is happy as a clam. Just loving being outside sniffing at everything the melted snow has uncovered. She is truly a joy.

Guest Smiley

Today's the day-finally! I have both dreaded and waited for x-ray day and Pete just left to drop her off. The vet called and tried to reschedule us yesterday b/c one of the docs would be out, but I *insisted* that we keep this appt. I cannot wait another day to hear the news, good or bad. We were told that we'd have to get the info/results from the front desk b/c the vet wouldn't be able to speak with us if we chose to keep today's appt. That really tweaked me as we are great clients who scheduled this appt. over a week ago. But at this point, I just want this done.

Pete was freaking a little this morning and he is always mellow and calm, so now I'm worried about him too. This is his girl-his heart girl. We are both so, so worried. Please, please let us get good news today . . .

I have been thinking positive thoughts for you all week. Here's hoping to a good result!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What time is she getting done?

I don't know how you were able to wait the week. I would have been at another vet's office getting xrays 'yesterday'.

I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed and I've asked my girls to cross their toes too. (I told Diamond that she didn't have to do it with her one good front leg! :blush )

We're praying her Beth for a good outcome. Come on, let's have some good news when a pup is limping.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest larock

Sending good vibes for Peanuts xrays today!!! Sending a little extra for Mommy and Daddy, who I'm sure need it almost as much.

smile.gif

Edited by larock