Dreampt Of Jazz

Guest greysonly

Guest greysonly

Saturday night I had a dream about Jazz. I was looking outside and I saw him plain as day looking up at me thru the window. I said oh my gosh Jazzy is that you. I tried so hard to open the window but it wouldn't open. I said don't leave Jazzy I am coming. I tried to open the window and finally I did and held out to touch him and he faded away. :cry1 I wanted to pet him and love on him but he faded away.

The day before I cleaned the yard of all the winter poo :puke I didn't think it would be as hard as I thought it would be. But when I was picking it up I started bawling thinking some of this poo is Jazzy's. I know it sounds kinda gross but it really hurt. Then I have this dream. I hope it was my baby telling me he is still here watching over me. :cry1

Have any of you have had dreams or weird stuff happen that you feel your bridge baby was communicating with you?

They are always with us watching over us and waiting for us to come to them in the future. I have had a lot of pet losses and I know I will have so much love when I die and come to stay with them and my dad forever.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest aaspenwall

About a week or so after my heart dog, Aristotle, was euthanised due to osteosarcoma (coming up on the 1-year mark soon), I was walking my other grey and feeling sorry for myself and missing my boy. I'd had him for almost seven years and he was the perfect dog for me ... he was my first grey, a gentle giant, he walked into my life and fit in like he'd always been there, and I swear he understood me when I talked to him. During that walk, I felt a slight breeze and had this feeling like Ari was "talking" to me, telling me, "it's okay mom, I'm not in pain anymore and it's okay". Now, I'm really not the type to "hear" things or believe in messages like this from beyond, but I really strongly "felt" this message. And it made a huge difference in processing my grief. I'd lost another grey several years earlier and taken it really hard, which surprised me because I never felt as bonded with Bella as I did with Ari, so I expected losing Ari to totally crush me. It wasn't easy, but ever since that walk and that message from him, it was almost impossible for me to feel really bad. Instead I could much more easily focus on the good times and how much joy he'd given me, and I was just really, really thankful to have shared my life with him. Hang in there. It does get better; never easy, but better.

Have you ever seen Jon Edwards' show on tv? He strongly believes that if you think you feel or see a person that has passed you probably have. It's probably no different with dogs. I hope!

:f_white

Guest greysonly

Have you ever seen Jon Edwards' show on tv? He strongly believes that if you think you feel or see a person that has passed you probably have. It's probably no different with dogs. I hope!

:f_white

No I haven't seen that show. Thank you. I hope that is true too. :)

When I lost my Brindle 8 yrs ago, it was very sudden. She was fine in the morning, gone that night (hemangio).

I had many dreams about her but for some reason I never remembered in the dream that she was gone. I would wake up and be upset that I didn't get to hug and kiss her. Finally a few years later and about a dozen dreams, I remembered and hugged and cried and told her I missed her.

That was my last dream of Brindle.

Guest EmbersDad

jed recently came to me in a dream. i know it was him reaching out. in the dream, it was dark...empty...then, out of the darkness jed was there. he let me love on him for a few seconds, hopped up on me and licked my face, and t hen was gone. it certainly felt like he pierced the divide momentarily but was unable to remain very long. ive never had a dream of ember, but her scent did appear all around me right after she died. it was very strong and i could smell it everywhere and then it faded. i have no doubt she paid me one last visit...and my dad....well, it may be a little off the subject but right after he pass, ember and i were walking along the street when we were come upon by a pit bull. it circled us 2 or 3 times and i pepper sprayed him both times. when he circled again, a car came out of nowhere and a good samartian let us get in and rescued us. i commented how my dad sent you to save us, but ui would have much rather have seen a rainbow, and the next day, i saw a rainbow out my front door. he also leaves coins around...specifically dimes.

Edited by EmbersDad

Oh yes that was him and more than likely he'll be back! Maybe the next time he will cuddle with you. My soul mate Slim taught me-from the other side-that he will be with me always- just like when he was here in body. He sends me "signs" all the time. If I feel in need of one I ask him to send one and he does! I was so utterly devastated when he crossed over-I didn't know about this truth then- that I fled in desperation to the Lord-the only place I knew to run. God himself told me that Slim didn't die-only his body did- that Slim was OK. Slim confirmed it with signs. That is how I KNOW for sure it is true. Isn't it a wonderful blessing! He will be with you always. beatinghearts.gifgrouphug.gif

The day before I cleaned the yard of all the winter poo puke.gif I didn't think it would be as hard as I thought it would be. But when I was picking it up I started bawling thinking some of this poo is Jazzy's. I know it sounds kinda gross but it really hurt.

I've thought the same thing when I was doing the same thing! You're certainly not alone.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Sales

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:grouphug :grouphug

Bailey came to me in a dream on the first gotcha day after she passed. It was really neat because it was like I was able to feel her and hug her. That was the one and only time though.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest SkipperAnnie

Saturday night I had a dream about Jazz. I was looking outside and I saw him plain as day looking up at me thru the window. I said oh my gosh Jazzy is that you. I tried so hard to open the window but it wouldn't open. I said don't leave Jazzy I am coming. I tried to open the window and finally I did and held out to touch him and he faded away. :cry1 I wanted to pet him and love on him but he faded away.

The day before I cleaned the yard of all the winter poo :puke I didn't think it would be as hard as I thought it would be. But when I was picking it up I started bawling thinking some of this poo is Jazzy's. I know it sounds kinda gross but it really hurt. Then I have this dream. I hope it was my baby telling me he is still here watching over me. :cry1

Have any of you have had dreams or weird stuff happen that you feel your bridge baby was communicating with you?

My sweet Annie was running beside me a couple weeks ago - I very strongly felt her presence and knew her spirit was running with me...a few nights later in the same spot I saw a very bright light- enough to light up the dark street and yards and looked up into the dark sky and saw a flash...at the time I didn't connect the dots, but an hour later my husband who was also out running (in a familiar spot to Annie) also saw the same bright light and flash! We checked the local airport, news stations, online - anything we could think of to explain this light...but in the end we both believe it was Annie signaling us from above.

I think if you are open to "seeing" your loved one, it does happen...and most commonly in dreams. Look, and you'll see.

btw, I am choosing to not pick up Annie's poo in the backyard now that the snow has melted...au natural is the theme this year...but really its because I know I'll end up bawling my eyes out like you did....

Guest Adrianne

I have a longing to dream of Wilbur; if just I could see him and pet him again....sigh. He's come to me only once in the month that he's been gone & it was only for a brief moment, but it was during the time I was considering bringing Larry here, and it felt like he was telling me it was the right thing to do..

Edited by Adrianne

I have a longing to dream of Wilbur; if just I could see him and pet him again....sigh. He's come to me only once in the month that he's been gone & it was only for a brief moment, but it was during the time I was considering bringing Larry here, and it felt like he was telling me it was the right thing to do..

I'm dying to have my Pearl visit me since she left last month too. Nothing. :weep

I'm dying to have my Pearl visit me since she left last month too. Nothing. weep.gif

Don't worry about Pearl. It took my Ivy 4-5 MONTHS before she contacted me and let me know she was fine. Don't give up. They have their reasons for doing wahtever they do and it always comes down to their love for us.

And the important thing with Wilbur is that you now know that he is watching over you-just like before-whether you can see him with your earth eyes or not.

Edited by racindog

Guest Heehoo

I truly believe this. I also have had dreams about my pups who have just passed. Its almost as if this was their way of saying Okay my spirit is in your heart but the rest of me is going to heaven. And yes I believe they go to heaven, they're God's creatures. 

It seems like every time I have had one pass, at least 2 weeks later I have a dream with them in it. Its always a happy dream until I wake up. 

I believe that little things are from them, rainbows, flowers & butterflies. Especially the butterfly. 

I really hope that after I lose my boys that if I need them, they will come back and let me know they are alright and waiting for me..

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

First of all, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet little Jazz. I have a wonderful story to tell. My wonderful girl Nylah of 10 years died a horrible death. Horrible because the emergency vet was amiss, nonrespondent, and other things that are not necessary to mention. My girl died a painful death, but I was by her side and holding her. Sorry to open like that. I was just torn to pieces. I grieved worse for her than for my first girl that died a year earlier. But Nylah was a special case. The way I adopted her because of her sweet compasionate disposition to the other Greyhounds up for adoption and so forth. She had a special spirit.

Anyway, one night about a month after she went to the rainbow bridge, I had the most vivid, presence feeling dream in my life. She came right up to me in the driveway from the street with a big smile on her face and tail wagging to say, "hi mom, lets go for a walk." After a little walk and pets and loves, she just walked away. This dream came to me about 4 times during the next several monhts. She was telling me not to feel so guilty aobut the vet experience, but that she loved me and was doing well and it was not my fault. I have her ashes and her sister's as well, but Nylah let me know personally.

Yes, Jazz visited you. ANd he will most likely come again. Be ready. It will be wonderful. Hugs to you and I am thinking of you.

:gh_bow:angelwings:gh_bow:angelwings:gh_run:gh_run

My sweet Annie was running beside me a couple weeks ago - I very strongly felt her presence and knew her spirit was running with me...a few nights later in the same spot I saw a very bright light- enough to light up the dark street and yards and looked up into the dark sky and saw a flash...at the time I didn't connect the dots, but an hour later my husband who was also out running (in a familiar spot to Annie) also saw the same bright light and flash! We checked the local airport, news stations, online - anything we could think of to explain this light...but in the end we both believe it was Annie signaling us from above.

I think if you are open to "seeing" your loved one, it does happen...and most commonly in dreams. Look, and you'll see.

btw, I am choosing to not pick up Annie's poo in the backyard now that the snow has melted...au natural is the theme this year...but really its because I know I'll end up bawling my eyes out like you did....

Thank you for that! That was beautiful!

Guest greysonly

Thank you everyone these stories of your babies visiting you are really heart warming :) yet make me tearful too. (in a good way tho)

I truly believe this. I also have had dreams about my pups who have just passed. Its almost as if this was their way of saying Okay my spirit is in your heart but the rest of me is going to heaven. And yes I believe they go to heaven, they're God's creatures.

It seems like every time I have had one pass, at least 2 weeks later I have a dream with them in it. Its always a happy dream until I wake up.

I believe that little things are from them, rainbows, flowers & butterflies. Especially the butterfly.

FYI in Revelation 5:11-13 it says the animals are in heaven "around the throne" praising the Lord. I also like Ecclesiastes 3:19 that says "For what happens to the sons of men also happens to beasts; .....Surely they all have one breath; man has no advantage over beasts,......." Theres a lot of other references to but these are my favorites. That settles it for me that they are clearly in heaven. And the older I get the more I see how God loves his animals.

This topic answered my question. I was going to ask about visits/dreams, because I am so sure Bacchus was with me recently.

It was so real. He was hogging my bed, and I had to push him over a bit. I felt his weight, and his wonderful smooth coat when I petted him after I scooted him over.

It had to have been some kind of visit...just too realistic to be merely a dream.

Guest handpicked

My favorite sign was from my Mr. Barky. The start to the story happened several years ago. It was last turnout (roughly 10 pm at night.) All the dogs went out and when I let them back in, on Mr. Barky's right shoulder rode a green tree frog. It promptly hopped off (once in the house) and caused our two cats to go crazy!! Jeff (my husband) is trying to catch the frog and I am taking care of the dogs. I didn't think anything of it.

Acutely, on the night of June 25, 2009, Mr. Barky (again, at last turnout) was so painful, that after going out that last time, couldn't lay down. He was already on 75mg of Rimadyl for arthritis. He stood over his favorite bed, but could not lay down. We gave him 50 mg tramadol and finally, Jeff and I lay him down. After 20 minutes, he stands back up and can't stop panting. When we went over him (we are both veterinarians,) when we got to the lumbosacral space, he about went down, the pain was so much. After an hour, with no benefit from the tramadol), I told Jeff we needed to let him go (he was also 90% blind and had inflammatory bowel disease.) So we let him pass to the Bridge on his favorite bed. That weekend we were going on a float trip and our favorite sitter was staying with the dogs. She didn't know the story of the frog. On Saturday night (two nights after he passed), Jacquie let the dogs in downstairs to feed them and in hopped a green tree frog. This frog hopped to Mr. Barky's airline crate, jumped up on the ledge and then looked at Jacquie. Then, almost as if he knew that is not who he came to see, he hopped back to the door.

The following Wednesday, I take the dogs out at last turnout, go over to the downstairs porch to water our potted peppers, and find a green tree frog staring at me from the top of the pepper plant. I immediately knew that was Mr. Barky telling me that he was OK, that he made it to the Bridge. I posted this to my status on Facebook and Jacquie immediately called me to tell me what happened while I was gone.

You have to be open to the signs they send or you will never see them. Sending you healing white light!!