Bohemian Ocean Aka Polli

RobinM

Bohemian Ocean AKA Polli January 1, 1999 - March 8, 2009

One year later....

I still don't really understand how this whole thing went down. It wasn't supposed to be like this. We had planned to have you around for a long time... and God laughed.

We have survived our first year without Polli- and at the time she left us, I didn't believe I would. Intellectually, I knew I had to, but emotionally, I was so done. As a care taker to Polli for so long, I was lost after her death. I didn't know what to do with myself. During this time, we were also dealing with keeping Beau (her son) alive, as he was suffering terribly from IBD. It was amazing time and one that I don't remember too well. We just did what we had to do. Put one foot in front of the other. The days turned into weeks, months and now, a year.

A lot has happened in the year that Polli has been gone. We now have Elsie, who we adopted 6 weeks after we lost Polli. Elsie is just what the doctor ordered and I am so happy to have this nut case senior girl young at heart, spirit and soul in my life! It was in Polli's honor that I felt I had to bring her home. I took one look at that Kansas website and i HAD to have her. Ollie joined us this past fall of course, our original GreyPack of Long Island,. Beau, Chloe and Teddy, but nothing is the same without my precious Polli.

It's good, it's greyt, but it's not the same.

I've had a tough week emotionally. I look at the calendar and my eyes well up, my heart is heavy and I hurt all over again.

It just wasn't supposed to be like this.

I miss her. I always will.

memorial.jpg

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest FreddyGirl

We were talking about this last weekend and I still can't believe the one year anniversary is upon you. SO many changes in so short a time. You kept your heart open and 2 more lucky dogs have their forever home. Sending love. :wub:

I'm with you honey...I'll be right there with you in four days. A year goes by quickly, doesn't it?

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I actually have tomorrow's date marked in my calendar. :(

Even though I never met Polli, she touched my life profoundly and when she had to leave, I was devastated.

Thinking of you, Robin. sadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gif

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Robin, I am so sorry. Miss Polli shares the same sire as four of my fur kids. She was a beautiful girlie. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

thank you every one. :blush I don't post too often about her. I like to keep her memories selfishly for myself.

I have to say that looking back, I am STILL so touched and amazed at just how many lives this firecracker of a sweetheart touched.

I miss her so much - it just hurts so much sometimes. At best, it hurts but I can talk and smile- but no matter what, the tears come.

She opened the door permanently for broodies. I could never ever be without one. She saw to it that in as much as I could never replace her nor would I attempt to, I wouldn't want to have a home without a mommy.

Everyone needs a mommy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Robin, I can't believe it's been one year already.

Polli, you are so very missed and you couldn't have been more loved.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug

I so know your pain, selfishly I wish I didn't but I do. It can still be gut wrenching at times. I still cannot talk of my angels without the tears.

The broods are so very special, I know the legacy they leave once their pawprint is embedded in our hearts is awesome. Mourning is such a personal journey for each of us.

This was Runner (3/5) and SugarBear's (3/4) birthday week, and I have just been putting one foot in front of the other to get through it, even though they have both been gone a long time.

I think of The Queen and the song "How Can I Live Without You" runs through my mind, then I look at her answer, the 3 she sent me, each one having a part of her multi-faceted personality.

It is hard my friend, very hard, but so many of us understand.

:bighug

I'm so sorry, Robin. I remember Argos, Polli, and Ember were all diagnosed around the same time. So unfair. mad.gif

Thinking of you today. :grouphug

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~